Good Deal on a 09 GT?

narib2008

Feb 19, 2008
Hey guys,
Me and my buddy test drove a 09 gt premium today.We both really liked the car but honestly we were there to test drive the 2010's which they did not have in the gt model. So anyways i tell the guy "We are intrested in the 10's but what kind of deal could we get on this 09"? He told me his dealership has not sold any cars this month and he has not had one sale in the past two months. He also goes on to tell me that this car has been here for close to a year now and "Name your price". So i tell him" Well lets just see what you can do for a price".... So he goes and talks to his manager and automatically drops 4k off the sticker( this is without me even sitting down or haggling). The car is the premium with glass roof and so the price is now $28k....Honestly i think there is a better price to be had with the 2010's being out for a while and if the 5.0 is really coming back next year i will probably just wait for that model.What would you guys pay for it?Im thinking 24k-25k?

• Sponsors (?)

Is that $4,000 off without the rebate? I just checked Ford's Website. In my area of the country, Kentucky, there is a $3500 rebate on a new 2009 GT. If you could get the $4000 off and the rebate, it probably would be a pretty good deal. If that offer includes the rebate, no wonder they have not sold any cars lately.
Check around too. There are likely other dealers out there with new 2009s. Check Ebay.

Pretty Sure thats without the rebate...I just checked on the site and in my location there is a 1500 dollar rebate and 0 percent financing.So it may work out...If i can get the car for 24-25k and get a good amount on a trade for my mustang i may go for it.

Pretty Sure thats without the rebate...I just checked on the site and in my location there is a 1500 dollar rebate and 0 percent financing.So it may work out...If i can get the car for 24-25k and get a good amount on a trade for my mustang i may go for it.

I sold cars for years at a big 'system house'. The old saying 'sell the car on your feet and the deal on your seat' still works. No matter what a guy says to you on the lot, and the old; "we haven't sold a car today, this week, this month' is all BS, there is no firm price or deal til you get inside and start going through the process. If you decide to make an offer on the car, A; set a price in your mind and stick to it. B; be prepared to walk away at any time. When you're on the lot you're in enemy territory. The dealership holds all the cards, they have more ways to trick and confuse you than you can imagine. "We'll lower this and raise this". "We got your payment right where you wanted it (of course it's for 120 months @24%)". People who don't care if they buy a car or not always get the best deal. The dealership has to come to you, not vice versa.

Not a bad price. I got mine a little cheaper, but it's not a glass roof.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I bought a 2009 GT w/glass roof about 6 months ago. I paid 27K with 1.7% over six years. I could have gotten a 10, but this was a better deal, plus I think the 09 look better (besides a 67', the 09' are the best looking stang IMO)

I bought a 2009 GT w/glass roof about 6 months ago. I paid 27K with 1.7% over six years. I could have gotten a 10, but this was a better deal, plus I think the 09 look better (besides a 67', the 09' are the best looking stang IMO)

tru dat, I'd add the 70 in there as well. The 10's look less aggressive, more feminine, more 'aero' to me. I like the muscular fender wells and the rear end on the 05-09's much better.

... If you decide to make an offer on the car, A; set a price in your mind and stick to it. B; be prepared to walk away at any time. When you're on the lot you're in enemy territory..... People who don't care if they buy a car or not always get the best deal. The dealership has to come to you, not vice versa.

I followed those rules above and got what I wanted. Made a lowball offer, stood my ground, walked away, 2 days later I decided I did want the car called them up and made another offer and they agreed. Maybe if I waited for them to call me I could have gotten it a little cheaper but I was cool with that as I felt like I scored a huge deal already. You gotta keep your emotions out of the deal.

When I picked up the car the sales guy was shaking his head saying "you did really good here Patrick....you did really good". And IMO I feel like I did.

Good luck and be strong when in there fighting for your price.

patrick

I got $5,800 off msrp on an 09 GT premium coupe with a bunch of extras. Purchased cash. No rebates were available when I purchased (missed one by a couple of days). I do not think this was especially good and anyone should be able to do as good or better.

There is a dealer in Maryland, I think it is Apple Ford. They have a no haggle price of $24,109 on a 2010 GT Deluxe. That being said I think the same price for an 09 Premium that is not moving can be had for 24K. Just say that's what you will pay and if he don't do it leave the dealer. I am sure they want that car out of there and the salesman needs a sale.

Got a call today from the salesman today at work.He asked if i was coming in today.I told him i would if i can.Anyways i asked if he will be in tommarow.He said yes,so im gonna go in tommarow.He proceded to tell me that they will give me what i want for my trade in(97 gt with only 67k miles)$6k trade in value.Anyways i could care less either way if they go for my offer which is 23k for the car minus 6k for my trade=17k for the new 09 GT.If they dont go for it???No big deal i will wait for the 2011.If not and they go for it..well great then.

Good deal......stand your ground. They want to sell you but are gonna push and feed you BS lines like "come on help us out" Your not there to help them out....dont waver on your price. Walking away from the deal is your biggest power.

patrick

Haha ya i hear ya man...They guy already told me they have not sold a car this month and he has not sold one in the past two.I was the only person in there showroom on wedesday.I have all the power in the world in that situation.I honestly dont care if they dont go for it.I still drive out of there in my mint 97 gt thats just as much fun to drive(if not more)then the new 09 GT.