Good Fuel Pressure gauge??

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
Hey I'm going to be getting a 255lph fuel pump(is that waht everone usually gets cause i heard it just sends back the unused fuel anyway) and a adj. fuel reg. and id like to have a nice fuel pressure gauge installed under the hood..i guess u hook it up on the fuel line with the shrader valve is..anyon eknow of a fairly priced but very accurate and dependable gauge kit i can buy??? what's everyone have??

also...right now im doing a lower manifold swap..as u know..there are a couple sensors in there...with 165,000 on my car u think they are still fine?? what i WANT to do is get an autometer oil pressure, and water temp gauge...electrical..now is it a good idea to replace those 2 sensors before i hook up the gauges..or do the gauges come with their own sensors, and i wont have to buy any ?

• Sponsors (?)

Autometer has a 1.5" Fuel pressure gauge that mounts on the rail. It's also about $20.

You will need to buy the "fuel rail adapter" for either the autometer or summit gauge. It's $7

That's about it.

Now if you wanted a cowl mounted gauge, theres a few more things you would need including a different gauge

The electric gauges come with their own senders.

Oil pressure goes right next to the oil filter.

The water temp is in the front driver's side of the manifold. Clean it up and install it in the REAR drivers side of the manifold when you put the new one on. Then lengten the wire and run it to it. Now get a small plug and plug up the stock location for the time being. Reason for this is that that spot is the most accurate for the gauge. By relocating the stock sender to the rear of the intake, you can keep it fuctional even though it will read a little bit cooler.

There are other sensors you should think of replacing with 165K miles. The ACT sensor that screws into the #5 runner and the ECT sensor that screws into the heater pipe

thos e 2 other sensors u said...they looke dbad i was just gonna cleam them up..if they were getting shot would it make a big diffence in idling or runnig..would i notice it..or just get a light...thanks...