Good news, bad news

Good News! Well, I finally made my first mod to my car the other day by adding a CAI. It was really fun getting to put it on. I am not too mechanically inclined, and although this didn't take too much effort, it was still fun. I took it for a spin and I could immediately tell a different in the sound from the enging. COOL!

Bad news! I had a mechanic add oil dye to the engine and found out that I have multiple leaks in my engine. They said to get everything, they would have to drop the engine. All in all, they say it will run around $550 to repair.

I don't want to spend that much to fix that engine (2.3 N/A). I have been looking around here for either a junkyard Turbo or N/A again. I don't have the money to pay alot either. I have a friend who said they would help put it all in as he has a garage set up for this stuff. Any suggestions!?

I live in Abilene, Texas. So anyone around here that has a cheap engine or suggestions on one, I am all ears.

Thanks in advance.
Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Depending on how big the leaks are, perhaps some crankcase additive stop-leak will hold you over until you can afford a turbo-swap or something. This stuff is simple to use, it is basically really really thick oil that you add to your crankcase and it is suposed to seal small leaks. Just an idea, hope it helps.

well if the car is wrecked then the engine and thransmission is probabaly good. 85.5 and up is good. 88 TC is a great donor car. I would take a tape measure and make sure that the VAM is 3 inch. Look at the T3 and check out the trim on it. The enine in 99 cases will still have a strong bottom end and may need little work. See if you can get as much of a complete engine as you can.