Good news! New SN95 SFI Bellhousing.

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
Madison, WI
Just read in the recent issue of Hot Rod that Lakewood just came out with a SFI steel bellhousing for 94-95 GT's with a T5 trans. This should help those running a G-Force and want to be NHRA legal. Its amazing that it took them 10 years to do it, its rare to see new equipment coming out for our cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Mike, the bell in our cars are slightly longer from the block to the tranny due to the longer input shaft on our T5's. I'm pretty sure if you use a NON-94-95 bell the input shaft of the tranny will bottom out on the crank before it is seated inside the bell.

We run the mcCleod on my dad's car and its TOP NOTCH and didn't require any bell hosuing indexing either.

I run a McLeod for a fox on mine....it fits both t-5 and tremec (has sliding mouting nuts on one side). They sell a 5/8" aluminum spacer plate that you run between the bell and the tranny if you're using a SN95 tranny. You do need a fox clutch fork though to get proper cable alignment, as the opening where the fork sticks out is a bit higher up than a stock SN95 location.

Also, if you're running longtubes or are going to run them, get them for a fox as well, otherwise you will have one of the primaries really close to where the clutch cable goes into the bell and it will melt it. Fox longtubes are routed a bit differently on the drivers side.