got $8,000 to build engine/trans combo and need some ideas

• Sponsors (?)

first off where at in KC are you? as for the tranny, why not do a 6spd? a 6 speed swap will run a little under 3k. then put on a set of heads and a kenne bell, assuming your bottom end is ok. that should take care of that 8k. prolly gonna need a little more though after you get done adding all the other things.

built bottom end 306
blower
decent h/c/i (trickflow high ports, cobra intake, stock cam is alright for a blower)
and a tremec tko...

you can probably find all that for under 8k if you shop around.

RioRed94vert said:
im off of 89th and ward parkway. Im trying to stay N/a or a shot of juice. i need a few suspension parts and labor included. that kind of car do you have?
i've got a 95 cobra hardtop/vert and a 94 gt. as for staying n/a you will definetly have to go bigger on the cubes, which will be tough to fit into that budget. i say go h/c/i some 4.56's and a t-56. remember your gonna need new injectors, maf, headers, program, etc... i just did heads, cam , lifters, clutch, flywheel, etc... parts where around 2800 and i already had injectors, maf, headers. btw i'm at 64th and shawnee mission parkway, if you got an air compressor and a garage i can help you out which will save on that labor.