Got my Edge converter in.

1hot5.0

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2002
Surprise, Arizona
Wow, what a difference! :banana:

The car still rolls forward if you let off the brake while sitting at a light, just like the stock converter. Taking off normally, it takes maybe 100-200 rpm more to get going. You wouldn't know it was there if someone didn't tell you.

Half throttle from a dead stop = some spin off the line for about 5-10 feet. Then you hook and go. Full throttle from a dead stop = spin off the line for about 10-15 feet. As soon as you floor it, the tach shoots up to 2,600 rpm and keeps climbing from there.

Driving around, I can tell the tach is climbing quicker than before. Also, my cruising rpm dropped 300-400 rpm at all speeds. This is great as it might ever so slightly help my gas mileage? :shrug:

The Install wasn't bad at all. The first time the converter went in we didn't get the converter in all the way. Of course this meant we had to drop the transmission again and re-seat the converter. It seemed to go on easy, except for the last (3rd) click. In order to get it to click, we had to support the converter from the bottom and wiggle it around while pushing it in. It clicked right into place.

I only have about 20 miles on the converter, however it seems that the converter has make a very noticeable difference. So far, I am pleased. The car still has all of the driveability it did with the stock converter, and really wakes up the car when you get on it. When I have time, I'll go to the track, and get some 1/4 mile times.

I'd also like to thank my buddies Chris (Eades 5.0), Stu (RedHot91GT), and Travis for all there help. I couldn't have done this install without you guys. :nice:

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

SuperDust22 said:
Nice Jason. I can't wait to see what times you get.

Dustin

You and me both Dustin. :nice:

17yrOldStanger, shouldn't be too much of a problem. Or at least I hope. :D

RC, I can feel the delay that you are talking about. If I wasn't really paying attention, I wouldn't notice it.

1990LXDropTop, this converter really woke my car up as well. Andre was a very helpful person. As of now, I'm going to recommend everyone I know to edge. :nice:

Damn sounds like I have something to invest in. Thats exactly where I want to launch from....2500 rpm's....right where the torque starts :D. Your ET's are going to drop big time i bet. None of that lag coming outta the hole. :nice:

1hot5.0 - Good to hear! :nice: The street manners was what I was worried about. My car is definately lacking in the "climbing rpms".

If I understood Andre right the reason your noticing less rpm at the same speed is that the stock converter "wastes" more power than the modified converter... so with the new one it'll take less engine power (gas) to hold it at the same speed on the highway... Definately a good thing! :D

My "street edge" just came in today. Man is it funny looking. It's tiny, but weighs a lot. The new dual bolt pattern looks kewl. I can't wait to get it in the car this w/e.

mystang94gt said:
Damn sounds like I have something to invest in. Thats exactly where I want to launch from....2500 rpm's....right where the torque starts :D. Your ET's are going to drop big time i bet. None of that lag coming outta the hole. :nice:

I don't think I could stall that high on the foot brake. When I floor it fro ma dead stop, it goes up to 2,600 rpm instantly and continues climbing.

Rustang94, all said and done it was $396.40 with a free t-shirt and some decals.
:nice:

gcomfx.com said:
1hot5.0 - Good to hear! :nice: The street manners was what I was worried about. My car is definately lacking in the "climbing rpms".

If I understood Andre right the reason your noticing less rpm at the same speed is that the stock converter "wastes" more power than the modified converter... so with the new one it'll take less engine power (gas) to hold it at the same speed on the highway... Definately a good thing! :D

My "street edge" just came in today. Man is it funny looking. It's tiny, but weighs a lot. The new dual bolt pattern looks kewl. I can't wait to get it in the car this w/e.

Glad you got it. Let me know how it turns out for you. :nice:

Will do here's a pic:

album_pic.php

I'm going to get the car ready tomorrow night, jack it up, remove drive shaft, and h-pipe, unhook everything and drain the converter. Wed night my buddy is coming by to help slap it in! :banana: