Got some new leather seats =)

SexyStang1994

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2002
Daytona Beach, Florida
Got them (fronts and rear) at a salvage yard down in Miami. They came out of a 2002 stang with the same interrior color as mine............ ALL FOR $300 bucks!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

leather01.jpg

leather02.jpg

leather03.jpg

And a 2002 Center Console in Kyle's 95...
consoleblack01.jpg

consoleblack02.jpg

consoleblack03.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

SexyStang1994 said:
Got them (fronts and rear) at a salvage yard down in Miami. They came out of a 2002 stang with the same interrior color as mine............ ALL FOR $300 bucks!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

leather01.jpg

leather02.jpg

leather03.jpg

And a 2002 Center Console in Kyle's 95...
consoleblack01.jpg

consoleblack02.jpg

consoleblack03.jpg
thats awesome jess....those are some really nice lookin seats.....i needa start lookin for some for me also....mine look like ass :(

1hot5.0 said:
Seats look nice. Are they comfortable?

Is the 99+ console a direct swap in our cars, or did you guys have to do somet things to make it fit?

fit perfectly!! and they feel SO MUCH better!

the only thing we had to do is convert the 94 wires into the '02 wires so that the seat was still power.......... I'll tell Kyle to give instructions for that. Regardless, it only took about 30 mins total to install :nice:

The wiring on the seats is a bit different than 94/95. The seatbelt buckle is attached directly to the seat on the 02, so the sensor to tell if it is buckled is included on the wiring harness for seat power. Since ours is off to the side, you just have to figure out which wires are which. When you pull the seat belt off, you can use the wiring on that to convert to the 94/95 harness. The 02 is a bullet style connector, 94/95 is the blade. So splice the ends of the seatbelt onto a peice of wire with a female disconnect on it, disconnects go into 94/95 harness, plug the two ends into the big green and big black for the seat, and you have power!

As for the center console, I reused the 95 wiring harness because the foglight switch is moved in 02. If you are going to use the 02 power supplies (cigarette lighter) then you have to splice the 02 harness onto the 94/95 harness.

Did they make the tan leather interior after 95? Does anyone know how long they made it until? My driver seat frame is shot to crap and the leather is cracking on both seats. I really like the stock stang seats and don't wanna put any racing seats or anything on, those are hokey imho.

the seats look awesome! I bet they are a lot more comfortable than the old ones.

the center console looks a bit of a different color in the pictures. how does it look in person? i love the new cup holder style, but i'll keep my James Bond ash tray switch panel...

Mustangless said:
how did you do that?
With mine, We have a friend that owns a local custom upholstery shop. My uncle has a 01' Mustang V6 Model. My uncle works next door to the upholstery shop at our family's local window tinting business. Well they do favors for each other from time to time as good neighbors do and when Randy at the upholstery shop ended up with a set of perfectly new black leather seats out of a 01' Mustang GT, he just brought them next door and gave them to my uncle no cost. Well they sat in the back of the tint shop for a good 3 months, all the while I continously try persuading my uncle to give em' up and name a price, insisting that he already has black leather seats in his car and mine are crap. Besides, his car is a V6 model, what good would GT seats do him? He kept saying that he would just give me the old seats out of his car when he put the new ones in. Well one day about a month 1/2 ago, he called me just after I had gotten off work and said come pick up your seats, I agree, assuming he meant the V6 seats out of his car. When i get to the shop, he has the GT waiting for me..For some reason it turns out that the GT seats are too tall for his liking in his car, leaving his head about an inch from the roof (he is about 6'3). This works out perfect for me, my car already had black leather rear seats installed by the previous owner. So we rip out my old seats (driver side motor burnt out, leaving me in a permanent position as I drove) and pop the new ones in. Perfect fit! A little splicing of the wires, a little solder, and I have full function of all "seat accessories". Only thing, no lumbar support on the passenger seat, but then again, who cares about the passengers :D