got the big bang today!

95opal

5 Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
yup; you know the explosive bang u get when the T-5 blows chuncks.ouch! crawled home in 3rd, jacked her up and holly @#$%, split the case right in half.need to know cheepest place for new t-5.post pics when i pull it.

• Sponsors (?)

agreed......unless you upgrade at least a little you are gonna keep tearing 'em up if you drive very hard at all........

If you have to go back used because of monitary allowances, i cold understand but i wouldn't buy new unless you bought a tremec or g-force or something....

jason

i dread the day i hear that noise.. :( That sucks....I baby mine for sure...chit my old TA i used to bang gears all day long and never a prob....these T5 s are weak...
Were you hammering on it when it launched... :bang:

I figure if mine breaks i would look to the G Force rebuild kit to beef the mofo up..thats 900.00 bones tho... :bang:

Andy, i have looked at that kit......900 for the kit...... and it looks to be a pain to install.....there enplay tolerances are different than a normal one etc.....but i seen the gearset installed in a cutaway at the fun ford show.......with the gears in that thing it ought to hold some serious power.

jason

problem solved i just tracked down a used temec,ill do the swap over the weekend. rio,as to beaten on it: i had just eased into 4th after merging on to the hiway.no warning sings nothing she just granaded.ive owned 5 stangs now and this is only the second T5 that ive wiped so thats not bad,and the 1st one was sot to begin with.ill tell ya what i hope this is the last time i have to replace a tranny.