Got the Painted Valve Covers On..Couple of Pics

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Thanks to Jose for giving me a hand! :nice:

More importantly than the "look" is that so far, dont feel any oil around the back rim where the covers rest on the heads. Still have to wait and see if there is any more leaking from anywhere else...it takes a couple of days for all the residual dripping oil to finish dripping.

I will preface by saying my own opinion. I dont think they really look BETTER than the chrome, but they look better than the black, and at least for now it is clean and not leaking.

Here's a couple of pics.

663117Jan3-RedCovers4.jpg

663119Jan3-Engine.jpg

Here is one with Jose and Pete (NoranRaad or "vette boy" as Joe calls him)
663121Jan3-PeteJose.jpg

Here is one with Pete's car. He is pushing about 400+ to the wheels...in an Auto.
669997Jan3-Vette.jpg

Thanks again for the help.
RC

• Sponsors (?)

i wanna do that as well Rob, i wanted to paint em with the duplicolor touch up paint for laser red...but idk if that will hold up on the valve covers....and with all the problems you guys have had with the covers leaking it makes me iffy on taking them off....if i do it id be doing my performer black with either chrome or laser red letters at the same time

Anthony

We had a good time workin it. Except when you had that small psychotic episode. LOL

Im going to buy new gaskets, and put RTV all around it like javi told me. I like the look of the chrome covers. I might even do my lower again.

str8stang036 said:
We had a good time workin it. Except when you had that small psychotic episode. LOL

Isent there always a small Psychotic episode when ever any of us do work on our cars :shrug:

I like the red covers, I wouldnet mind doing that to mine as well but as of now they dont leak so Its not worth taking them off IMO to paint them and then have them leak all over the place on me.

str8stang036 said:

Yeah I thought RC was going to kill us for a sec. :banana: :banana: but it all worked out. Nice pics & I can't believe you finally put me in one. WE gotta do it again soon had alot of fun. Can't wait until we do Towers with all working vehicles. :hail2: