Engine GT 40 swap

Swingkid

Mar 19, 2021
Germany
Hi there, i grabbed an original GT40 upper intake (lightning) with a matching ford racing lower intake. Although I am into first gen mustangs since several years, I am relatively new into foxbodys. What I would like to ask, is the gt40 intake a direkt interchange to the stock 5.0 intake?
Looking at the intakes, vacuum line routing etc looks similar to stock intake. My car is a 1988 Gt without mass air flow. Can I just directly interchange upper and lower intake or does the gt40 swap affects the egr or control system or Smogpump system or anything else or is it just plug and play?

thanking you in advance, Thorsten

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Yes for the most part plug and play.
I would suggest finding a set of explorer heads for a little better breathing but I don't know how hard they are to find in Germany.

Reactions: 1 user

Swingkid

Mar 19, 2021
Germany
Yes for the most part plug and play.
I would suggest finding a set of explorer heads for a little better breathing but I don't know how hard they are to find in Germany.
Thank you! First I will go with the stock heads. When some extra bucks are saved I will go for AFR185, but this will take a lit bit of time.