GT emblem, is it bolted on? Powered By Ford emblems.

Is the GT emblem on the 2005+ GTs a bolt on or adhesive emblem? I am thinking about putting Powered By Ford emblems like on the Shelby GT in its place and wondered how to do this.

Also, how to you get these "Powered By Ford" emblems. Someone said if you had a VIN # from an actual Shelby GT, you could order one through a Ford parts dealer. But I asked at one of the dealerships by my house and the guy couldn't find it listed in his computer system.

• Sponsors (?)

You have to get them directly from Shelby, and you must have a Shelby GT vin. Scott Drake sells a similar emblem to the public, but not the same. You might find a set or two for sale on eBay, but if you do, they'll be very expensive. Shelby let about 20 sets go, and they were ******ed up very quickly.

The GT emblem is held on with adhesive. There are two alignment holes in the fender, and the GT emblem has two alignment pins on the back.

The GT emblem is held on with adhesive. There are two alignment holes in the fender, and the GT emblem has two alignment pins on the back.

+1
I've changed them twice now. The stock "GT" you can take off and get the fender cleaned up in about 15 minutes per side. The longest time is taking them off so they don't crack, unless they will be trashed anyway.