ha check out these new times!

Modular2v said:
hey would you mind throwing 12.06@112 in the calculator? thats what it did all motor
well i did so and i get 329hp. If these are correct i would say the dual plane is limiting your nitrous. Either that or the nitrous fuel mixture is off and you could get some more power by getting the air fuel mixture while on the juice a little leaner. Odds are you are running a little rich for the optimization of the combo. Best way is to get your self a wide band or actually get to a dyno and make some pulls on the juice and try different jets in the fuel solinoid providing you are rich of course on your first pull. As stated you should be swapping to a single plane. It would be neat to do a pull with the dual plane then swap to the single and see what you pick up. bet it a good 30 hp N/A.

• Sponsors (?)

86bluecobra said:
well i did so and i get 329hp. If these are correct i would say the dual plane is limiting your nitrous. Either that or the nitrous fuel mixture is off and you could get some more power by getting the air fuel mixture while on the juice a little leaner. Odds are you are running a little rich for the optimization of the combo. Best way is to get your self a wide band or actually get to a dyno and make some pulls on the juice and try different jets in the fuel solinoid providing you are rich of course on your first pull. As stated you should be swapping to a single plane. It would be neat to do a pull with the dual plane then swap to the single and see what you pick up. bet it a good 30 hp N/A.
I hope your right on the single plane hp pickup!!!! Yeah i know the nitrous mixture is way rich. . . better safe than sorry is what i kinda figured! But hopefully my nuts will drop by next spring and i will lean it out:rlaugh:

Modular2v said:
I hope your right on the single plane hp pickup!!!! Yeah i know the nitrous mixture is way rich. . . better safe than sorry is what i kinda figured! But hopefully my nuts will drop by next spring and i will lean it out:rlaugh:

Careful on being to rich....

The fuel can run down and get trapped in between the rings,then when it lights off it lifts the rings,then you need new pistons :( .

Hows you nitrous system set-up?

bluevenom867 said:
Careful on being to rich....

The fuel can run down and get trapped in between the rings,then when it lights off it lifts the rings,then you need new pistons :( .

Hows you nitrous system set-up?
When i say way rich it is an over exageration. . . its rich enought so it wont hurt anything. It have a seperate fuel pump and regulator going to the fuel solenoid if thats what you mean!

well i'm not even to sure about it even after i have had it explained. like you i am a relitive rookie to the nitrous world and in the nitrous world a 150 hp shot is childs play. that being said you can tune the system by getting the correct fuel pressure to the solinoid. I know you said you had a regulator but when the fuel is running through the line the fuel pressure is actually different. so they have these home made flow tools the install on the fuel line with the fuel jet and set up the fuel pressure so that it is correct. they even then use it to adjust .5 psi and make a run to see if more mph through the trap is attainable. anyways like i said the details are a little fuzzy to me and i have yet to try it so get venom to re explain it to yah.

86bluecobra said:
well i'm not even to sure about it even after i have had it explained. like you i am a relitive rookie to the nitrous world and in the nitrous world a 150 hp shot is childs play. that being said you can tune the system by getting the correct fuel pressure to the solinoid. I know you said you had a regulator but when the fuel is running through the line the fuel pressure is actually different. so they have these home made flow tools the install on the fuel line with the fuel jet and set up the fuel pressure so that it is correct. they even then use it to adjust .5 psi and make a run to see if more mph through the trap is attainable. anyways like i said the details are a little fuzzy to me and i have yet to try it so get venom to re explain it to yah.
Isnt nitrous fascinating:D

Modular2v said:
Do tell......

Alright,I will.

Basicly,when your solinoid is closed and the pump on,the fuel pressure will either stay at a certain psi (return system) or creep up (dead-head) till it reachs the pump max pressure.Now when it opens up (the solinoid),fuel flows through and it should stay or drop to the pressure it was set-at.....but it doesnt really.Because if you set the pressure (especialy with a dead head style regulator),the pressure is going to be higher.When its flowing theres less restiction and pressure drops.

Now,what a "flow tool" does,is it simulates the flowing fuel pressure,so you can actuartely set it to what the plate/fogger will actualy see,that way when you want 6 psi,it is gunna be 6 psi at the jet,not just the gauge when your setting it.

Now you plate guys got an advantage over use fogger guys,because you can just take your plate off,and put it in a bucket and hit the switch and set the pressure that way (with whatever fuel jet your going to be runing),but don set-it with any ol' gauge.Go and get your self a nice big (4" plus) gauge with nice bold print that has been calibrated.This is essential,as even the best Autometers can be off by close to a whole psi.When making your flow tool (or if buying one),have it so you can hook it yup in-line between your regulator,and fuel solinoid,or you can make it so you dont have to take the plate off at all.Basicly,its the same thing,only you add a on/off valve to simulate the solinoid opening (sudden pressure drop) after the gauge,and machine (i.e cut and fill) the end of a -04AN fitting to accept a nitrous fitting.Put whatever jet your gunna run in the end,and hook up a section of hose to the end and the toher end in a bucket.Close the valve,turn your system on,and see what your pressure says.With a dead-head system,pressure will creep up slowly with the valve closed.When you open the valve,it will drop quickly down to were ever the regulator has it set.Now with the valve open,set your regulator to the desired fuel pressure refrancing the gauge.Shut off the valve,let it creep back up,and open it again,if it droped to were you want it,then your good.

Thats it for explanation,Ill show you some pics of them.
A few off the net:
Flow_tool_B_4.jpg
NitrousFlowTool.jpg

My flow tool:
PICT0207_edited.jpg

You probably dont have to worry about using one at 150hp,but when (yes when,not if :D) you step up to 200-250hp start using one to set the pressure.

Attachments

• Flow_tool_B_4.jpg
    Flow_tool_B_4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 45
  • NitrousFlowTool.jpg
    NitrousFlowTool.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0207_edited.jpg
    PICT0207_edited.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 66
bluevenom867 said:
2v,how high are you winding the motor now?

Edit:Oh,and Daggar....maybe we could get a general nitrious tech and myth's sticky? I dont check the power add forums,but if there isnt one I think it would be better here,or at least put there and a stickyed link provided here.

If you build it, I will put it in the Index. Be sure to PM me the link to the thread as well as a suggested title.