Hanging Idle, High Idle, Surging, Running Rich

FordRacing302

5 Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Cleveland, TN
The car in my sig has been having these issues since I bought it 8 months ago and I guess I haven't driven the car enough for it to annoy me, but I'm finally ready to cure these problems. First of all it's running pig rich, I have to shut the car off in drive thrus so I don't get light headed. And then only sometimes when I start the car up the idle will surge from 700-1400 for about 10 seconds or so. It surges all the time from 900-1000 repeatly when it's warm unless the a/c is on, then it will idle somewhat normally. If it ever decides to idle normally on its own it will idle at 1000 rpms. Lastly, the idle will hang in between shifts and when I come to a stop. No matter how long i have the clutch in before the stop the idle will hang at 1500 rpms, and will not come back down to 1000 rpms until the car has completely stopped.

My mods are trickflow upper and lower, bcam, 24lb injectors, calibrated 73mm maf, 75mm tb, 1.7 rr's, full exhaust. The only thing I've done was a quick removal and cleaning of the IAC, but it didnt help.

• Sponsors (?)