Hanging RPM's

93Stang23

Nov 3, 2004
Whenever I shift over 2 thousand rpm's and push in the clutch the motor seems to stay at the rpm it was at and gradually fall it's way back down to the idle speed, now whenever I pushed in the clutch in my other car at any rpm it would automatically go down to it's idle speed & the same way in my brother's car...is this something that's normal in the 3.8 mustangs? or is this something that needs to be checked out?

• Sponsors (?)

me too mine is a 2003 3.8 with about 22,000 miles... i figured it was just the missing backpressure b/c i didn't notice it as much before i got the straight pipes, and it can be argued forever wether or not backpressure is good or bad

My service engine soon light is on as well, but I got that code read and it was just a faulty emissions thing, could the cats be clogged or maybe something with the maf sensor? I just did the free test thing at Auto Zone, I took it to Ford but they wanted $90 just to see what the problem was, not to fix it.

I was thinking I might have to replace my clutch soon because whenever I'm stopped and have my foot off the clutch pedal it starts shaking pretty rapidly, but I don't have any problems shifting into any gears or anything.