Harland Sharp or Comp Cams Pro-Magnum?

BillaMustang

Founding Member
Jan 20, 2002
Which Roller Rocker is better?
Planning on Buying AFR 185's soon and they will be 7/16 stud mount.

The Harland Sharps are designed for the AFR's where as the Pro-Magnum's are just designed for Ford's

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going to rev it high go with the Probe shaft rockers, very nice pieces and not much more if you planned to run a girdled set-up. You would be surprised how much deflection you get with a standard stud, when you get decent spring pressures.

The Comp Pro Magnum's will work just fine on your AFR's. I use them on my AFR 205's. I've been using the Pro Magnum's on a number of different engines and have alway's been impressed with them when it comes to performance and install. Basically said, when buying something with Comp Cams name on it you don't really have to worry about having problem's.

Well The whole Shaft mount Rocker's would be awesome but man that's a lot of money..Too much much for me to spend. I would get them If I was building a all out race motor or something.

But yeah I am planning on using the stock AFR 185 Spring's that are 120# or 130# on the seat pressure. I will be turning a MAX maybe of 7000RPM

Ed said that with the Solid Flat Tappet cam the stock spring's would work. But the Head's have the upgraded ARP 7/16 stud's so with these kinda spring pressure's I dont see where the stud's would deflect. :shrug:

So I will probaly get the Pro Mags unless the Harland's are a little better?

Well I talked to Ed Curtis about this situation and he said stay away from the Pro-Mags because of them being steel and would transfer more harmonic's to the rest of the valve train with my solid camshaft.

He mentioned the Jesel rocker's but I declined since there so expensive. But he also told me to run the Scorpion Roller Rocker's and said that they are a very nice Rocker.

He just doesnt like the steel designed Rocker's So I'm thinking of taking his advice..

if you don't want to spend the extra bucks on the jesel's I would just get the Scorpion Roller Rocker's.. I had those on my car last year and they worked great.. Swapped them out for Jessel but I really like those rockers... Call ED back and order a set!!!