hatch rattling! help!

Tanus

Dec 11, 2009
A to the Z
the hatch on my hatchback rattles like hell going down the road, anyway to fix it?

I already have the bumpstops adjusted all the way out and weatherstrip is good.

also, mine(and many other hatchs Ive seen), can only be closed by slaming down on the right side.

any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

+1 on the plastic sleeve. Mine broke off without me knowing for a while and I found it in pieces in my spare wheel tub. Usually not a problem, but make sure the bolts holding the hatch up top have not loosened cause that will let the hatch move side to side=noise. All else fails....crank the stereo

Autozone does sell the new hatch bushing. It's in the HELP! section in a little kit of assorted bushings. You'll need to press out the striker pin, switch the bushing out and repress the pin back in.

They also sell the exact door strikers too...for an easy direct bolt on.

I changed out all 3 this summer. Like a new car. Now if i could only find a replacement hinge spring so my door holds at 30* open

raised the striker, way, way better, gonna add the bushing too, mine is there but looks pretty worn

thanks again everyone:flag:

are thes the reason I have to hold the hatch open with a baseball bat or is it the shock things? the shocks are too expensive to make it worth it to me, but if these will fix it for 25 bucks I'd definatly get um. found them on ebay too

are thes the reason I have to hold the hatch open with a baseball bat or is it the shock things? the shocks are too expensive to make it worth it to me, but if these will fix it for 25 bucks I'd definatly get um. found them on ebay too
Those are for the doors, not the hatch. If your hatch isn't holding open, you need new gas struts for it; those are all that hold it up. Good news is the aftermarket ones at AutoZone or wherever are lifetime warranty.