head removal

would you guys use a sawzall or a regular hand saw to remove someone's head?

just kidding, lol :D

ok, i took my valve covers off, and unbolted my headers (yes, it has headers), removed all the rods, put them through a box to keep in order. the chilton's (well sorry, i don't have a service manual) did have a set of instructions specifical for the boss when it came to head removal. it said nothing about removing the rocker arms, just loosening them. but there is no way i can get the head bolts out from under the rocker arms. is it ok to go ahead and take a rocker off to get to the bolt under it, and then put it right back on, and move to the next one? i am supposed to send the heads to the shop w/ the rockers still attached aren't i? and send the rods in their cardboard box holder too, right?

• Sponsors (?)

agreed, remove the rockers(with fulcrums) and pushrods, label them in order. Make sure to keep the rocker and fulcrum together as a matched set. The shop will only need the head, with valves and springs installed.

yep, remove everything. might as well. gently loosen the headbolts and remove. the head should stay well on those thingies (dowels i think). if it seems perma-stuck. do not try to pry.