heads and cams need help

2004blackauto

Mar 2, 2010
looking to start making mods to my 04 gt with 28000 miles and auto trans
was thinking about a s/c but think ill just do heads and cams summit has a kit from trick flow with heads and stage one cams how much increase can i expect from this kit. would like to stick with stock malfolds dont want long tubes , i know the make the power. was leaning towards 4.10s in the rear i always thought stage one cams didnt give much of an increase in power. would i be better to use these heads with stage 2 cams how much rear wheel power can i expect to make the car is bone stock for now btw who does the best dyno tune work near tampa fl thanks for any help mark

• Sponsors (?)

Best bang for the buck is the supercharger. Will you be doing the upgrades yourself? For around the same money as the h/c and labor you should be able to do a vortech sq and labor and make a much bigger gain.

thats what i was thinkin but have heard of a few guys popin there motors esp when it gets cool out and it leans out my car has 29000 miles tring to get the most safe horse power without making the car unfit to drive where ever long or short dist.

A blower with a stock bottom end will be fine as long as you don't try to push it. If you are going with heads I would go trickflow if you have the coin and cams I would go with cms stage 2 na cam. Cms has a package deal on their website too.

thats what i was thinkin but have heard of a few guys popin there motors esp when it gets cool out and it leans out my car has 29000 miles tring to get the most safe horse power without making the car unfit to drive where ever long or short dist.

Superchargers don't lean out engines, bad tunes and inadequate equipment do.