Headstud Install Question...

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
so i got my trickflow 11r heads...long story short...already had everything installed (i didn't realize they made reducer bushings) and went back to install my bushings (heads are 1/2" block is 7/16") and the heads were machined wrong and the bushings wouldn't fit. trickflow was easy to deal with and sent me a brand new pair which i just test fit and everything seems to be good now. my question is if i install the headstuds first so i can clean up excess thread sealer and ultra torque lube..i dont have the wiggle room i need to get the bushing in place. can i just not fully seat the headstuds until the head is in and my bushings are in? or install them and clean the excess then back them off a turn to install bushings? only reason im asking is because im just not sure if the excess sealer etc can prevent the gasket from seating properly?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't even think there is enough room to put the head on with the studs in place. I would put the heads on first, then the studs with the sealant on the water jacket studs and moly lube on the rest. I just did this and it works like a champ

Reactions: 1 user
I can get them on with the studs in...no prob with excess thread sealer getting around the gasket area then? I like to apply a good bead so i know its sealed...