Roush Heatexchanger

Hollywood03

Jan 15, 2006
Hey guys...
How many of you would be interested in upgrading your Saleen heatexchanger to one thats bulit by the people at lightningforce performance it's going to be the same one thats built for the cobra..but will bolt in place on the saleen I'm working with them using mine as a prototype. I dyno my car after installing the heatexchanger ,JLT CAI and Megnaflow XPIPE and made 38 more HP and 40lbs TQ not sure how much the heatexchanger helped but the heatexchanger coolant temp ran about 15-20 deg cooler looks good too..check them out on the web...or call and ask for Mark.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It's the one on the front of the car not under the intake I forgot to add that I was running 96 oct gas.. I did a baseline dyno stock 284 HP 300 TQ (It was hot that day 99+)next dyno was with current mods 323 HP 344 TQ...

It's the one on the front of the car not under the intake I forgot to add that I was running 96 oct gas.. I did a baseline dyno stock 284 HP 300 TQ (It was hot that day 99+)next dyno was with current mods 323 HP 344 TQ...

Heat exchangers don't increase max hp, but they do alleviate power loss when you encounter a heat soak phase. This can be very important in modified supercharged applications where your tune on the dyno would not apply heatsoak as a factor in your timing/a/f adjustments- so you could dial more boost in safely.

I got mine for my 03 cobra at www.gordsfordperformance.com

I'm interested if they make it so you can attach the fans (my Series IV came with 2 fans on the heat exchanger) and they need to provide the fittings for the saleen hoses. Otherwise, it's a really sharp looking unit.

The fans will fit I have the serries IV also...friedchicken...I thought that if the charge of air thats produced by the supercharger is colder the more H.P. the eng can produce ...

Hollywood03 said:
The fans will fit I have the serries IV also...friedchicken...I thought that if the charge of air thats produced by the supercharger is colder the more H.P. the eng can produce ...

it lets you run more timing safely. the timing gives you the power.

Hollywood03 said:
friedchicken...I thought that if the charge of air thats produced by the supercharger is colder the more H.P. the eng can produce ...

Fried is correct, it slows down the time it takes for heat soak to affect your power.

If you can get LFP to make you guys a H/E I would get it. I have one of theres on my Cobra and it is a very well made product.

Hollywood03 said:

The heat exchanger can only draw more heat from the structure, it can't lower temps below what the outside ambiant air temp is. You need to go with a bottled application to lower the intake charge temps.

You deal with 2 issues when you get into aftermarket heat exchangers. Increased capacity, and efficientcy.

You can have a much larger coolant volume, but that is no good if it doesn't flow fast enough, or too fast depending on how effective your system is at dissipating the heat. If a HE is too thick, air tends to not reach the rear fins and cooling veins. Too thin, and it won't have enough effective cooling area.