Hello!

DMDyne

Apr 10, 2005
Warren, Ohio
I'm new to the Stangnet forums and wanted to introduce myself in the sound section. I'm an automotive installer for Circuit City. I install remote starts, alarms, radio's, speakers, amps, subwoofers, neons, and I build custom speaker boxes on the side. I don't claim to know everything about car audio systems as I've only been doing this for about 3 years, but if I can't answer it, I'm sure I can find someone who can. I went through the current posts and added my 2 cents already but I'll make sure to check back here often so as to assist as much as I can. Don't hesitate to point out if I'm wrong, I'm only human and do make mistakes. lol :)

It's great to be here and hopefully I can help some of you with some custom questions. I'll try my best to get custom box designs online for the people that are wanting custom boxes as well.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the board. But no offence. I have no faith in any CC or BB installers. With the pennies they pay no self respecting installer would work there. Plus all the ones I have talked to... never mind I wont get into that.

Welcome to the board.

Heh, until you have walked a mile in someones shoes, you don't know how confortable they are. You are slightly correct in my hourly wage, it's under $15/hr but my monthly bonuses far exceed my hourly wage and double my pay scale each month. I'm not saying I'm paid the best or that I'm wealthy by any means, but it definatly gets the bills paid and lets me play a little bit.

Yes, rears are in! I took out the stock shaker 500 rears and ripped the rigid grills off of them (maybe 3/8in. thick), then cut the grills to fit my McIntosh 5 1/4" mids and 1"dome tweeters, so with the Mc's mounted to the grills they fit into the existing cut-outs. I followed Merkurnut's advice to go totally stealth/sleeper and the stock cosmetic grills fit back on (btw, thanks, Merkur, for the opinion!) What sucks is that the amp I planned to use (and installed, reinstalled, reinstalled, etc., which had performed flawlessley to power the rears of my home HT set-up for the past 2 years doesn't want to work in the car...sheesh, never as easy as it should be. So I ordered a new one (hope the wife doesn't find out, but given her interest in the whole thang she'd never notice, anyway! And, oh yeah, I manage the checkbook! lol). Something's screwed up in the grounds, but I'll have a local repair shop work on it tomorrow (with a handsome bonus if they succeed and get it back to me right away lol!) [if I get the existing one fixed, I'll have 4 channels x 50w continuous sine wave power per channel, mix 'n match, x 2 amps! Might just be enough for a tiny enclosed space.] I am SO close! Fronts are in and functioning awesomely (beyond specs, as is characteristic of McIntosh, powered by an add'l Mc amp. GOOD WEATHER COMING this weekend and, hopefully..... will complete. I'll have enough true wattage in the car to power the house (unless the system inside the house is on - lol!)Pics to follow. Not bad for an old guy, eh?

4.6litrebeater said:
no stock deck ever has or ever will have preamp out puts

Not true. If we consider "stock" to be what was put in from the factory. 3 Quick examples.

Ford Ranger Tremor. Had a DD pioneer as stock.
Mazda MP3 Had a stock Kenwood.

And the kicker.

Early model Kias with the stock alpine (OEM version)had a set.

I hope so, nhra, the 2-din McIntosh replacement for my 1-din Mcintosh head unit came today but without any harnesses; fortunately I think the McIntosh plant knows me by name and I'll have them within a couple of days! lol Turns out my existing 4-channel amp is functioning fine on 2 channels and needs a minor repair once the shop gets the parts in. In the meantime, the two channels that are working are powering the fronts and I bridged my little 30wpc McIntosh amp to power the sub, for now. Turns out the little fella's got quite a punch, even for only 60 watts! I should have the second 50 x 4-channel (God what a steal! With meters, new in box off of eBay for only $500, listed for about $1300) early this week. I'm thinking using all three amps... bridge a 4-channel to 100 wpc x 2 for the fronts, keep the little worker for the rears, bridge 2 channels of the new 4-channel amp for the sub, and I'll have 2 channels x 50 left over. I have an extra pair of McIntosh tweeters and can easily pick up another pair of Mcmids tomorrow, so I may mount them in bookshelf boxes (Yamahas that I once had in HT setup) and be able to run a 2.1 setup out of the trunk! Hehe. O.K. so maybe I'm just a little bit obsessed...