Hello

Blackhawkxx

Mar 3, 2023
I have a 1978 Cobra 302 black with orange/red/yellow strips that I bought new. It has about 25K miles on it and some goodies under the hood. Just retired last fall so I'm looking to spend more time playing with the car.

My Cobra.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok......
Obscure mustang cobra ll
Check.......
Original owner
Check.........
Pics
Check.........
double Check...
your life is complete now :hail:
now if you can find the ll forum you will be greeted with jealousy and admiration.
they are down the hall, last door on the left.

Reactions: 2 users
How about a quick story on how that very rare car looks like it just came from a Ford dealer
I was 19 years old and driving a 1965 Falcon six cylinder and wanted to put a V-8 in it plus I wanted a better car and was fortunate enough to have a reasonable job so I bought this 78 Cobra in the fall of 77. Drove it every day for about a year and a half. I couldn't ruin the car I loved so much so it turned into my play car and drove other things. I loved changing things under the hood and running it at the strip to see if I improved things. It hasn't been driven too much and the last couple of decades as time and motorcycles took up my time. Now I have more time and have been kicking around putting that 95 T-5 into it that has sitting in my basement for years.

Reactions: 2 users
I'll readily admit that I'm a slacker when it comes to The Welcome Wagon, but welcome to the site! I know you've already found the II section as I've seen at least one of your previous posts. Don't hesitate to ask whatever you need to know there, there's a few of us that are pretty active and have done quite a bit with our cars as well. For example, I've swapped a T5 from a 95 GT too, so I have some experience in that arena, and @Enzio just finished swapping a T5 and used a hydraulic clutch setup if you're interested in anything like that. Here are a couple of the latest pics of my car. Unfortunately it's due for a another redeux, but I think it still looks pretty good for a 20+ year old rebuild. :)

342826279_220783787247740_1080027521757368260_n.jpg

339664857_1274485970089960_4385878494598454627_n.jpg

Side note, it looks like your twin was at the last show I took it to.... ;)
It was nice not being the ONLY II in attendance!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the welcome. Your car looks great, I have always liked the black and gold.
I have just started playing with (investigating) distributor timing curves so I may be picking some brains around here.

I'll readily admit that I'm a slacker when it comes to The Welcome Wagon, but welcome to the site! I know you've already found the II section as I've seen at least one of your previous posts. Don't hesitate to ask whatever you need to know there, there's a few of us that are pretty active and have done quite a bit with our cars as well. For example, I've swapped a T5 from a 95 GT too, so I have some experience in that arena, and @Enzio just finished swapping a T5 and used a hydraulic clutch setup if you're interested in anything like that. Here are a couple of the latest pics of my car. Unfortunately it's due for a another redeux, but I think it still looks pretty good for a 20+ year old rebuild. :)

342826279_220783787247740_1080027521757368260_n.jpg

339664857_1274485970089960_4385878494598454627_n.jpg

Side note, it looks like your twin was at the last show I took it to.... ;)
It was nice not being the ONLY II in attendance!
Hey nice Cobra II! I'm still digging out from the winter. Almost there though. I wouldn't have used the hydraulic but at the time there wasn't any real alternative.

Big Welcome!

Welcome!

cam rocker heads carb headers

lol ,all the good stuff, how bout the rear?
The rear is the 8" but I stumbled over a deal years back on a factory Ford traction lock for it. Someone had ordered it and never picked it up and after sitting there for years, sold it to me for $75. I also went with Ford 3.55 ring and pinion from the factory ratio of 3.00.

Reactions: 1 users