HELP b16 swap help?!?!

20001 mustang

Dec 6, 2009
ok now that i got you in the thread, i recently put in a bbk o/r xpipe and i cant get the front two sensors in. i was able to unclip the back ones to get enough length, is there any way to do that for the front the driver side sensor?

Sorry bout the b16 swap thing, thats a horrible thing to joke about.

• Sponsors (?)

well i found the clip and was able to get enough length to plug it in, i turned off my back sensors with my predator tuner, so no more service engine soon light. but i noticed that now when i let the clutch out in neutral my rpms dip to about 500 and it almost bogs out, it smells like its running rich now too but im not sure if thats just cause im catless now? should i raise the idle rpms with the tuner or does anyone think its another issue, ive also noticed it almost dies on startup sometimes unless i pump it up to about 2000 the it goes to a normal idle, but it seems random it not when its cold or hot and it only happens once or twice a week. any ideas or tips?

My Mac prochamber makes it smell like I'm dumping fuel right out the bottom lol.

I love it.

See, that's not the first time I've heard that but I don't smell it in my car. My previous car had an offroad X pipe, and I didn't smell it either. I even have 3" dumps before my rear axle and I still don't smell it. MAYBE a quick smell of unburnt fuel at a red light in heavy traffic, but that's it.

if you turned off the rear sensors its definately going to run rich because it has no way of metering downstream (after cat emissions, thus no adj ),as for the idle ??

The downstream oxygen sensors are only there to let the computer know the condition and/or presence of your catalytic converters. Anything idle related would be due to the front two sensors.

i bumped the rpms up about 150 to about 900 and it seems to idle alot better now, but i notice rarely they dip just a bit, not as bad or as long as before or even as often.
i thought about getting new spark plugs, i dont know but i think they may still be stock. could be a dirty one?:shrug:
i really dont know enough to make a good guess so any help would be appreciated.