Help! Bamachips tune issue. Problem with switching back to stock setting

Bamachips tune issue. Problem with switching back to stock setting

Hey all, I have a problem. I took my car (2011 Mustang GT/CS) to the dragstrip yesterday and ran with the Bamachips 91 Octane Performance tune. Earlier in the day, I had the 93 Race tune on and switched back to stock setting and then to the 91 Octane Performance tune before heading the the track. I did about 6 runs and in the pits, when I went to switch it back to stock setting before loading the Race Tune, I got a download failure notice (1016 Error Code) and the car would not go to the Performance Tune or Stock Tune. So the car wouldn't start and the tune is in limbo land. It does show the mileage on the car but no other info (Miles to Empty). The SCT handheld doesn't recognize any info on the car either.

I had to have my car hauled to the dealership and today they looked at it and tried to flash it back to stock setting but they told me that they was having problems as the PCM is locked and they were having problems flashing the car back to stock settings. The dealership is telling me that I may have fried something in the computer uploading a new tune and are not taking ownership of the problem since this is an aftermarket product. But how can this be? I have used Bamachips before on my 2007 Mustang GT and never had any problems.

Any suggestions? Could I have a faulty ECU?

At any rate, my best two runs with the 91 Octane Performance tune were:

12.692 sec @ 110.52mph Density Altitude 1607 ft corrects to 12.467 sec @ 112.932 mph
12.694 sec @ 110.87 mph Density Altitude 1556 ft corrects to 12.473 sec @ 112.497 mph

My previous best before the tunes was 12.794 sec @ 110.97mph Density Altitude 199 ft corrects to 12.767 run @ 111.2 mph.

So the Bamachips 91 Octane Performance Tune was good for adding about 3 tenths of a second in the quarter mile and two tenths 0-60.

• Sponsors (?)

:D Problem resolved. I got in contact with SCT and they were able to download a rescure file to my handheld device and it returned my car back to stock setting sitting in the service bay at the dealership. I then reloaded the Performance Tune just fine. So I got my car back.:nice:

Also, this tune makes my 0-60 go from 4.2 to 4.05 seconds. And in better weather conditions (lower density altitude), 0-60 in 4 seconds flat and 1/4 mile runs slipping into the 12.4 second range.

:D Problem resolved. I got in contact with SCT and they were able to download a rescure file to my handheld device and it returned my car back to stock setting sitting in the service bay at the dealership. I then reloaded the Performance Tune just fine. So I got my car back.:nice:

Also, this tune makes my 0-60 go from 4.2 to 4.05 seconds. And in better weather conditions (lower density altitude), 0-60 in 4 seconds flat and 1/4 mile runs slipping into the 12.4 second range.

What are you using to measure your 0-60 times?

Quick question for you. Why do you return it to stock before installing the new tune. I have never had to do that before. If I have my 91 Perf, loaded and want to go to my 93 Race i just load the race tune.