HELP! Bike rack on a mustang???

Do you think it would be worth it to put a bike rack on the 'stang??

• Yes, go for it!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sure, if that's your only option..

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Maybe, not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, you're nuts!

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

shellybelly

Sep 3, 2010

i am considering putting a bike rack *gasp!* on my mustang.
parking is HORRIBLE on campus and i end up parking a mile away most days. i usually walk, but it takes up SO much extra time that i don't have to spare.

i'm not the strongest person in the world, nor am i the most coordinated. it would be incredibly inconvenient for me to try and work a bike in and out of my trunk two times a day....

this is the best looking one i've found so far.
it might not be TOO awkward...??

Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang

what do you think of that?? is it was too stupid looking for a mustang?
i'd only use it to class and back... it looks pretty easy to take off and put on, so i really wouldn't even have it on there except for to class and back...

would it be a shame to my poor little mustang??:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

trunk mount hitches will eventually chip and wear at the paint.

i do a fair bit of biking, and am planning to go the hidden hitch + hitch rack route.. but then i have some other considerations, like opening up hurricane evacuation options and taking multiple bikes on long distance trips.

for the cost, you could get a really fantastic alarm clock, get to the parking lot 8 minutes early, and have enough left to buy a whole 'nother bicycle. ;)

I got to do it........

You are the stereo typical V6 Mustang owner to a T! :rlaugh: Anyone that would consider buyin a GT would NEVER put a bike rack on it.

So props to you for sticking with the V6.

Not trying to be rude...its just a perfect scenario.