HELP! Electrical Nightmare!

Hey everyone ... I have a 2005 Mustang GT, car has about 153,000 km on it (about 95,000 miles) and has been an absolute tank! Takes all the abuse with just regular maintenance ... and then I had an issue last night.

Turned it on, could smell burning, and the heater fan would not work. Check the fuses, a 5 amp fuse was blown. Tried replacing it to at least get myself home, all seemed ok, then part way home the smell of smoke again, fan died, 3 minutes down the road, the interior lights and all exterior lights started flickering then went out including headlights, tailights, marker lights etc .... Fuel gauge didn't work, tach, speedo and temp worked, all warning lights came on. Got the car home and parked it.

Kinda sketchy at 10:00 at night too .... No idea where to start. Don't want to just replace the fuse again and cause more to burn. Also, it was raining pretty hard and the wipers continued to work. Thinking water got somewhere it shouldn't? Anyone heard of this before??? Need any help anyone can provide!!

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)