HELP engine code

Bobbys97R

Sep 6, 2004
Lakewood
I hooked my car up to the scanner the other day to check and see why my check engine light was on and it said secondary air injection malfunction WTF is that I heard it has to do with the damn IMRC. Has anybody out there ever had this code if so what did they have to do to correct it I already cleared it two or three time.

• Sponsors (?)

Bobbys97R said:
I hooked my car up to the scanner the other day to check and see why my check engine light was on and it said secondary air injection malfunction WTF is that I heard it has to do with the damn IMRC. Has anybody out there ever had this code if so what did they have to do to correct it I already cleared it two or three time.

What is the exact code # it gave.This helps more..

I wish I still had the site, but once you get the code, look up ford obd II codes on the internet (yahoo or google) and there should be a list that comes up. I found a really nice one a while ago and it helped my with my bank 1/bank 2 lean codes i got. Unfortunately, my computer recently had a hd wipe and i no longer have that site, but you should be able to find a nice one online that will give you some tests you can perform to diagnos the code. Remember, the code is not the problem, nor does it have to be the object the code is referring to, the code is a starting place for your diagnosis.

I was asking because my Mitchel on demand program at my job is down its a kind of online troubleshooting guide so I thought I might ask some mustang guys who might remember if sounded like somthing they might have heard before. Guess Ill be hooking the ole car back up to the Genasis scanner again tomarrow well thanks for your help anyway. And I know clearing the code dosent fix the problem.

99greenstang said:
I wish I still had the site, but once you get the code, look up ford obd II codes on the internet (yahoo or google) and there should be a list that comes up. I found a really nice one a while ago and it helped my with my bank 1/bank 2 lean codes i got. Unfortunately, my computer recently had a hd wipe and i no longer have that site, but you should be able to find a nice one online that will give you some tests you can perform to diagnos the code. Remember, the code is not the problem, nor does it have to be the object the code is referring to, the code is a starting place for your diagnosis.

refer to following thread for urls:

http://www.modularmustangs.net/showthread.php?t=5578