help me decide on suspention

hognutz

Nov 12, 2002
albany, oregon
got h&r supersports for xmas.

I planed to get bilstein s&s. pro3i CC plates and I have not decided on subframes posibly global west.

Any input on if these are good or bad choices????

what are the cheapest sorces?

bilsteins are $480 from bimmerparts best I have found

• Sponsors (?)

If youre trying to make a good handling "suspension" sell your supersports they lower the car too much, out of where the stock geometry is effective and arn't stiff enough especially for the amount they are lowered. Return them and get the h&r race springs.

husun said:
If youre trying to make a good handling "suspension" sell your supersports they lower the car too much, out of where the stock geometry is effective and arn't stiff enough especially for the amount they are lowered. Return them and get the h&r race springs.

well the whole point of lowering the car is to lower it. so I am accepting that I will loose a little handling for looks. I hate the ride hieght of my car. way to high. 1" drop is not going to make it look right.

hognutz said:
well the whole point of lowering the car is to lower it. so I am accepting that I will loose a little handling for looks. I hate the ride hieght of my car. way to high. 1" drop is not going to make it look right.

ok, but i forgot you had 19's or 20's right? Do you anticipate any rubbing?

husun said:
ok, but i forgot you had 19's or 20's right? Do you anticipate any rubbing?

I don't think so. kind of trial and error. I have seen bullit with 20" american racing and 2" drop on a mustang weekly artical. knowing my luck it will rub. keeping my fingers crossed. my whole idea was to have a car that looks low but is not so low that it is a pain in the ass to drive.