Help me decide with my project. Corbeau and rear seat delete Or TMI "Mach 1" seats??

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Hey guys, so i'm doing a black interior conversion in my '91. I have 2 options....

1. Corbeau seats(Black) and a rear seat delete with a cage
OR
2. TMI Mach 1 style seats with '86 Halo head rests and a cage.

Does anybody know if the TMI seats are worth a crap? They are vinyl.... I like the looks of them and with a black halo head rest i think they could look awesome. Here is a pic of them if you don't know what i'm talking about...

View attachment 350095

• Sponsors (?)

i think you should do the mach 1 conversion....i've been waiting to see pics of someone with them so i can ask them things like fitment, installment, pricing, and if they're satisfied....i think they would look SOOOO bad ass inna fox

I had a set of the Corbeau Seats in my last Stang.They were the Cloth TRS(?) seats...poor quality really.
The cloth faded and Stretched very quickly..like 6 months.(I guesss I should have ordered the leather)
I would go with the TMI..if its feasible money wise that is.

Post pics if you get the TMI stuff please.

THX....Hawk

which seats?

HawkHunter is right about those corbeau TRS. I currently have a set in my vert and the cloth faded pretty bad from sitting in the sun. If i had to do it differently i would still buy the corbeau but in a different material than cloth because they are comfortable and also save alot of pounds over stock style seats.

MustangOwner
Do you plan on installing harness seat belts in the future?
Do you want a lighter seat for total weight savings or is weight not an issue? Corbeau TRS weight about 25 to 27lbs each.
If you want that stock retro look those TMI seats would be bad ass.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah? hmmm too bad I already know what I want to do with my interior, those would match the little red I have in my "scheme".

Idk, i know you have a red pin stripe and calipers but i dont think the red line in the seat would set it off. If the line was a brown it would match you car. Not red.

Do you plan on installing harness seat belts in the future?
Do you want a lighter seat for total weight savings or is weight not an issue? Corbeau TRS weight about 25 to 27lbs each.
If you want that stock retro look those TMI seats would be bad ass.

Hope this helps.

1. No, the MM roll bar is for looks and coolness. My car will never see the track. I've just always wanted a jungle gym in my stang!
2. No, just comfort
3. Well i'm actually going to contact them and have them make the entire insert all red. I don't want just 1 line. Its suppose to match my red exterior paint. And if they don't offer that in leather, its a no go. I'll find another company. But i believe that seat with the entire middle red and a black halo headrest would look gorgeous! But thats just me.