Help me decide

Ator

Dec 27, 2003
First off I am new to this board but will most likely be around for a while.

I have owned a few 5liter Mustangs in the past and also a few vettes. I had to sell my last car (87 GT w/28,000 mile MINT) due to kids. I have been saving for a while and am now ready. I have $15,000 to spend and have it narrowed down to 2 cars, a 94 5-speed GT Convertible (borderline mint) for $7,900, and a 99 5-speed Cobra Convertible (also borderline mint) for $14,000. Both cars are 100% stock and the owners will go no lower than the prices I quoted (they both wanted more)

Heres my dilemma, which car to get?? I want to get it the 12's (high 12's will be fine). With the 94 I will have a considerabe amount left and will most likely go the way of a supercharger. With the cobra I will only have $1000 left (for now)

So my questions, in your opinon which should I get? which has greater potential? How much to get the 94 up to par with the 99 Cobra? what would it take? (no nitrous)

Any help would be gratly appreciated
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

honestly if your only goal is to get into high 12's you could do that on the cobra with 1,000 dollars with slicks and nitrous, or probably just slicks ans some great suspension mods. All depends on what exactly you want the car for fun to work on and experiment with or just to get in the 12's

jason

talk to Killercanary on here running 12.3's in his vert NA....its doable but hard.....its gonna be a little biased around here cuz ur in the 94-95 forums.....i prefer coupes but since you obviously like the Verts go for it....im gonna say 94 cuz you can make em go fast for relativley cheap, but still quite a bit of money....but the dual cam mod motor has some serious potential

Anthony