Help Me Go Fast In My FoxBody

Well to clarify, you would be replacing a lot of metal with fiberglass or composite pieces, if you don't add a cage you could get it down below 2500 lbs and yes it would be a potato chip, or more accurately a noodle. But you know that, after all, you have built some really nice stuff.
the golden rule of going fast quickly is to stick a lot of hp in the lightest car you can.
this conversation can go on forever :rock:
Yes I agree but we have the parts in a new day and age to make a 4k plus pound car go 8s reliably . With that said the lighter the easier but comparing a cobra kit car to a fox and taking weight out just bad advice . We have weighed 3050 and went 4.98 to the 1/8.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

How's that ? Just trying to show how to "go fast" on the cheap.Like I need "self promotion" HERE ? LOL
So you seriously suggested a guy lose 1000lbs on a foxbody?
Then you post a picture of your car to prove it's possible?

Either you were promoting your car or you don't know enough about foxes to give advice.
Not a whole lot of good options for you in this situation.

Let's just say he could lose 300lbs, which is a stretch without ruining the car (and you suggest 700lbs more).
That's .3 in the quarter. Hardly any gains to brag about.

So you seriously suggested a guy lose 1000lbs on a foxbody?
Then you post a picture of your car to prove it's possible?

Either you were promoting your car or you don't know enough about foxes to give advice.
Not a whole lot of good options for you in this situation.

Let's just say he could lose 300lbs, which is a stretch without ruining the car (and you suggest 700lbs more).
That's .3 in the quarter. Hardly any gains to brag about.
Hello, it IS a freaking Fox ! With the exception of the frame & Body.

Not sure his real intention was to suggest the OP lose 1000lbs, seems more like self promotion at the wrong time.
That's quite the Strong accusation.Coming from someone I don't even know,and doesn't know me .So whats the real problem ? IF, I ,were to do some "self promotion" it would be with a twin Supercharged 427,Not a Little 302 !
Something I learned (back in the 60s when I bought my first muscle cars). Fast Cars are just like the "old West" days. IT Doesn't matter how fast you are,there is Always someone Faster :)

That's quite the Strong accusation.Coming from someone I don't even know,and doesn't know me .So whats the real problem ? IF, I ,were to do some "self promotion" it would be with a twin Supercharged 427,Not a Little 302 !
Something I learned (back in the 60s when I bought my first muscle cars). Fast Cars are just like the "old West" days. IT Doesn't matter how fast you are,there is Always someone Faster :)
Look, I have nothing against you or your car (which I happen to like), but your input in this thread was completely unwarranted. All you gave for advice was lose 1000lbs, which is completely unrealistic and posting a picture of a what is a race car for the street that has a fox drivetrain.
You post a link to a weight loss article from a retailer, that says exactly what I just said to you, 100lbs per .1.
If you dumped the entire interior and every part that wasn't necessary to move a fox, I bet it would still weigh 2700lb+ and you would be left with is a slow ass race car. Weight loss is a terribly way to make a fox quicker, not only does it ruin the car, but parts are crazy expensive. It's cheaper to make more power.
So it's not hard for someone to come to the conclusion that you were either out to pimp pics of your car (there is a time and place for that) or you have no idea what is possible in a foxbody. Either way as I said before, neither is a good look.
I was hoping when you originally posted, it was a mistimed joke, but as you went back and forth with toolow, I began to think otherwise.

• Loved It!