Help me pick out lowering springs...

fiveohwblow - where did you get the progress springs? How much were they?

Cenok - your car sits perfect too...you said the ride of those springs is good? How would you rate it towards stock springs?

85_SS - No pics? :shrug:

Got them HERE and according to the site they are 199.99. Price isnt too bad, but when I got them they were only $145!! Still relatively inexpensive.:nice: You wont regret it if you do choose to get them.

• Sponsors (?)

Got them HERE and according to the site they are 199.99. Price isnt too bad, but when I got them they were only $145!! Still relatively inexpensive.:nice: You wont regret it if you do choose to get them.

Awesome man! I like the stance of your car. What size tires are you runnin? They look like 245/45/17's any rubbing issues? I plan to eventually run 245/45 out front and 285 or 295/40 out back. :nice:

Awesome man! I like the stance of your car. What size tires are you runnin? They look like 245/45/17's any rubbing issues? I plan to eventually run 245/45 out front and 285 or 295/40 out back. :nice:

Thanks!:D

I was runnin 245's out back but since those photos I added about 200 horse. I am runnin 275-45-17 drag radials on the rear now and 245-40-17's on the front. no rubbing issues and I havent rolled the fenders. Several people have mentioned the stance and the offset on the wheels. I have to say it was all by luck really. I didnt know there was even an issue with offset on wheels when I ordered em and this was the first fox I lowered with the Progress springs. Got lucky I guess! I love it!

Thanks!:D
I was runnin 245's out back but since those photos I added about 200 horse. I am runnin 275-45-17 drag radials on the rear now and 245-40-17's on the front. no rubbing issues and I havent rolled the fenders. Several people have mentioned the stance and the offset on the wheels. I have to say it was all by luck really. I didnt know there was even an issue with offset on wheels when I ordered em and this was the first fox I lowered with the Progress springs. Got lucky I guess! I love it!

What else are you using ? Shocks/Struts, control arms? Or all stock.

I have an 89 convertible. I keep hearing certain springs will not work with a convertible.

Anyone have pics of fax body convertibles with lowered springs? What type are they? What did the manufaturer say the drop was? What was the actual drop?

I have an 89 convertible. I keep hearing certain springs will not work with a convertible.

Anyone have pics of fax body convertibles with lowered springs? What type are they? What did the manufaturer say the drop was? What was the actual drop?

The only thing I can think of is that converts are heavier...:shrug: Thus you would need a bit stronger of a spring. i.e. four cylinder springs dont "work" in a v8 yet you will see many people on here do that for dragging but... different topic. I just think spring rates might be different. Check with the MANU of the springs for the right answer. Thats your best bet.