Help! Power window issues

TX_mrc

Oct 26, 2006
Hey Guys, I've been messing with the driver side power window of my 01 mustang convertible for several weekends now and i'm pretty tired of it. Basically, the window just got stuck and then i heard this loud popping noise one day.

I replaced the window lifter motor, because the little plastic retainer/ball connector thing broke. That works fine. Now, however, I've noticed that the window has two brackets glued to the bottom of it, assumingly to fit into some sort of tracks/guides to keep the window in the right position as it moves up and down. the front bracket has popped off of the window and looks like it may have been damaged.

My questions:
1. Anyone have a clue where i can buy a new one of those window brackets so i can glue it on, or maybe the part number? Anyone know what kind of glue might work?
2. I've considered just buying a new window, assuming those brackets would already be attached. Anyone know how to remove and replace the window? Can you pull it straight through the weather stripping, or do you have to take off the outside of the door or something?

thanks for your help!

• Sponsors (?)

well most likely your gonna have to get a new window, too bad you didn't have this problem a about 4 or 5 months ago cuz i had the parts you needed but those are gone now so, to get the window out your gonna have to strip the door of everything the pannels, the weather stripping, and all that then you need to undo the window from the tracks and motor and then carefully pull it and then put the new one in. just don't pull the motor out, cuz you'll be there for ever trying to figure out how it goes back together.

Hey Guys, I've been messing with the driver side power window of my 01 mustang convertible for several weekends now and i'm pretty tired of it. Basically, the window just got stuck and then i heard this loud popping noise one day.

I replaced the window lifter motor, because the little plastic retainer/ball connector thing broke. That works fine. Now, however, I've noticed that the window has two brackets glued to the bottom of it, assumingly to fit into some sort of tracks/guides to keep the window in the right position as it moves up and down. the front bracket has popped off of the window and looks like it may have been damaged.

My questions:
1. Anyone have a clue where i can buy a new one of those window brackets so i can glue it on, or maybe the part number? Anyone know what kind of glue might work?
2. I've considered just buying a new window, assuming those brackets would already be attached. Anyone know how to remove and replace the window? Can you pull it straight through the weather stripping, or do you have to take off the outside of the door or something?

thanks for your help!

It's held in with Butyl Rubber.. You can get it at a glass shop, and it usually comes in a tube that goes in a caulking gun.. You then soak it in very hot water for a few minutes to soften it, install in gun, and caulk away..