Help to ID box in upper left kick panel

Bottomlesspit

I started the longest tech thread in the known uni
Founding Member
Jan 1, 1999
Del Rio, TX
www.stangnet.com
Hi guys....me again. In my 100 year quest to fix all that is wrong with this 92 GT I am still coming across things I should know what they are by now.

High, upper side of drivers kick panel, there is a white box mounted on a bracket to the frame. It is held on to the bracket by 2 long bolts that go through the box. one of the bolts/nuts fell off so that's what attracted me to this. The dash and everything is removed right now. What is this box/sensor? I suspect something to do with cruise control or airbag but not really sure. Has a single harness going in.

Once again, thanks for any help,
Ken

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Cruise control module.

A4C1E567-8BDA-41B9-AD43-D7B5DA89AD6C.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Bottomlesspit

I started the longest tech thread in the known uni
Founding Member
Jan 1, 1999
Del Rio, TX
www.stangnet.com
Yep, that's it. I thought that was what it was but wasn't sure. I have gone to a Cobra wheel without the CC buttons so not sure if I need to worry too much about this stuff. This car will not be having cruise control the remainder of it's life. I generally never use cruise control and definitely never used it on any of my mustangs. I am pretty sure it was inoperable when we got the car...it never engaged.
Any stuff I can get rid of while I'm tearing through the dash and wiring? I have it totally apart right now...been going through the wires/bundles one wire at a time...fixing/replacing all wires as needed. I started in the engine compartment over 6 years ago but had to stop during all my surgeries.
Any thoughts?
I appreciate the kind help,
Ken

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
Yep, that's it. I thought that was what it was but wasn't sure. I have gone to a Cobra wheel without the CC buttons so not sure if I need to worry too much about this stuff. This car will not be having cruise control the remainder of it's life. I generally never use cruise control and definitely never used it on any of my mustangs. I am pretty sure it was inoperable when we got the car...it never engaged.
Any stuff I can get rid of while I'm tearing through the dash and wiring? I have it totally apart right now...been going through the wires/bundles one wire at a time...fixing/replacing all wires as needed. I started in the engine compartment over 6 years ago but had to stop during all my surgeries.
Any thoughts?
I appreciate the kind help,
Ken
I was able to remove my entire CC system. I took out the vacuum lines, vacuum reservoir, cruise control cable, the amplifier and wiring, and if I remember, I removed the vacuum dump switch on the brake pedal also.
I’ll eventually replace the steering wheel, just haven’t gotten there yet.
I sold the cable, but the rest of the system got squirreled away in a box.
My motivation was.... the less under the hood, the better!