help with 4.6 headswap and cam???

97gtconv

Jan 21, 2004
I am going to do the head swap fairly soon have almost everything (I think) anyone have any advice or good sites to go to. I got a cam but know next to nothing about them (had a pocket full of money and a splurge :shrug: ) the heads are fully ported and the cam is .531 292 with 114deg sep any ideas on how it will run?

• Sponsors (?)

97gtconv, good luck with the swap you will love the new found power. One thing to remember is that you will need a tune/chip after the swap to fix the idle. I also suggest doing long-tube headers when you do the swap because they make a ton more power with the ported heades and the cams, and its fairly easy to install with the heads already off. good luck :nice:

well I got the heads already fully ported from houston performance for 1200, but now I am starting to think that I should have looked around a little more cause the only thing that was included with the heads was the "camshaft cap clusters" and the springs. No rollers or lash adjusters, not even sure whether the springs are stock for the head or not.

I was impatient a little while ago and had the money for the headers so I have already put JBAs on the car (which if I would have known that I was going to do the swap later I would have saved myself the frustration of changing them while still on the car) so I am good there, got a bassani x-pipe with magna-flow cat back and I love the way it sounds, I don't even use the stereo anymore ;p