help with lowering my gt

sleeper95

Apr 1, 2009
i just got a 96 mustang and the first thing i want to do is lower it.
ive been looking around online and i cant find any springs lower than a 2inch drop. I want a 3inch drop in front and the same or close in the back. Can anyone help me with where to find a set of springs that will do this?? Also ive heard that im gonna need a camber kit so i dont run through tires..can anyone lead me to a kit that has what i need in terms of camber?? im looking to spend no more than $800 for both springs and camber...or mabye even a cheaper alternative would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

For an SN-95 don't even think about going more than a 2" drop. You'll rip out your underside. The bottom is lower than it looks. I'm right at 2" and it's miserable. I need to pull it up a 1/2" or 1". Looks great but you will bottom out on everything. Get Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates. Get new struts and shocks. Bump steer kit would be nice too. I've got H&R SuperSport springs and they will do the drop for you. Mine's a little low cause of the added weight of the supercharger.

Yeah I wouldn't even dare past 1.5" drop on any street car. You should really be looking at hydraulics if you want to "lay frame" so you can drop it when you park and still have clearance while driving. If you really want to see it at 3" drop... that's the way I'd go about it.

I screwed up and bought springs to lower my convertible. I bought H&R's but they were for a coupe. It dropped the front 2.5 inches and the rear 2.0 inches. I could barely make it over speed bumps and would scrape the front end under braking.

I still don't understand the difference between the two chassis but I had to buy some springs for a convertible, dropped front and rear 1.4 inches and the car feels good.

I now have a new set of H&R's for sale $175 plus shipping. I am in GA.