Engine Help!

Ransom89

Mar 26, 2019
Ohio
So I pulled my motor and installed cam and GT40 heads. While I had the trans out i installed a new clutch. Reinstalled motor and it ran great let idle for approximately 20 mins then I heard a noise like something may contact in the motor then it was back quiet and running great. I switched off and pulled valve covers just to take a look and everything looked good. I put a bar on the crank and it turns over about 1.5 turns in either direction then stops like it hits something?? I first thought valve to piston clearance but since it was running great for the first 20 mins could that be possible. Could it be that a bolt backed out of the flywheel or timing component?? I did use loctite.I also installed comp cam valve springs. Any help would be appreciated I really hate to have to tear it back down.

• Sponsors (?)

What cam did you install? I would lean more towards something in the clutch/trans being your issue. Before I pulled or tore down the engine I would pull the trans and inspect the clutch install and see if the engine turns over with the trans out.

Should be ok, but if concerned about piston valve just take off the valve covers, back off all rockers and see if the engine turns over then. If that's not the issue you would have to set up all of your rockers again but that's pretty easy.