Here comes another winter of stang driving.

I wouldnt do it 91notch.

I wouldnt do it....do it yourslef..im in the middle of rippin my car apart to paint and replace parts....rearend is almost out

i hate to hijack the thread, but i think this is relatively related to the topic at hand... i respect you guys' opinions a lot... may i ask why you don't think i should have them spray the Rhino Lining? is there some obvious reason that is gonna make me feel stupid lol

• Sponsors (?)

Mine will be seeing dd as usual. If the snow gets too high will probably drive wife's grand prix. At least its front wheel drive and has abs. I am hoping next year will be the year I can put her away for the winter.

i hate to hijack the thread, but i think this is relatively related to the topic at hand... i respect you guys' opinions a lot... may i ask why you don't think i should have them spray the Rhino Lining? is there some obvious reason that is gonna make me feel stupid lol

I just personally wouldnt do it unless the car was taken apart and all rust removed then sprayed. If you spray over any rust it will still continue to rust inside.

I guess I'm one of the lucky few. Never snows, doesn't rain a whole lot, the coldest it gets at night is around 30 degrees, so yeah I'll be driving the 'stang everyday, unless it's nice enough that I get to ride my bike...the pedal kind.

I just personally wouldnt do it unless the car was taken apart and all rust removed then sprayed. If you spray over any rust it will still continue to rust inside.

I had this same problem with a previous car, the owner before me had it "undercoated" with that tar like stuff and it eventually flaked off exposing rust underneath....and i mean lots of rust.Apparently it traps the moisture in.Thats why i go with Krown undercoating as it creeps into crevices and stuff to keep the moisture out.Works very well also.

Drive mine all year round...but right now shes runnin cold and the heater SUCKS...gotta figure out whats goofed up lol. When she's down or things get a little rough I drive my parts hauler 77 F100.
Matt

Competitiom

I used motorcycle syn chain lube on a few key places to see how well it holds up.

I also bought this:

Salt-Away's Car, Truck, Motor Home Applications ...

I know some guys say not to waste your time with such gimmicks, I've seen what just washing with good car soap does when salt is all over your ride, it still rusts. So, I'm going to give it a try.

I saw this as well:

Oiling the under carriage - IH8MUD Forums

If you're a big roller

Cortec VpCI-368D

Carwell is the American = to Krown. You can buy the DIY kits from Carwell. TC-11 claims to beat it but I haven't found a fricken hardware store that carries it. I guess I should mail order some.

the idea behind Krown is a penatrant will kreep where undercoatings can't and repel not only salt, but moisture as well.

Spray up around by the windshield and trunk drains as that's were most foxes start cancer and by the door pillars as well.

I've also seen people brag about either using a sprinkler or going for an undercarriage wash once a week.

Hope this helps.

I wish Mustangs were like other cars that "don't" rust. My parents '97 Cutlass has seen every winter, salt stays on the body for weeks, chassis has never been washed... ever, and there isnt a speck rust on this car anywhere and the undercarrage looks showroom new. WTF :shrug:

Now that I think of it I never seen a rusty GM 'W' body; then you wash a Mustang and you'll get rust. I'm starting to see that SN95's are rusting in some of the same places that foxes do.

Bass Pro Shops Search Results

Bass pro has your solutions to evil salt.

I checked a few marina forums and they raive about the CRC

Now what I have not looked into yet is if the CRC is rubber friendly. I am downloading the 42 meg catalogue to see what it says about it from the manufacture.

Worst case I will drop them a line. My dad's 99 F-150 rusted the door seams, brake lines, tail gate beyond what I would like to see and I religously kept that thing clean and waxed, even in the dead of winter.

i don't see why anyone thinks a 20 yr old car is going to last very long driving it in the winter, this is why these cars are getting harder to find a good one, they are not meant to be driven in the winter, these cars rot without the help of winter, get yourself a beater, fix it up instead of spending cash on speed parts, then..... after that is done, park it in a garage and spend your cash on the speed parts. i live in northeast ohio, no matter what you do oil, por 15 , chassis saver, these winters will make fox's one with the earth within a couple years.

i don't see why anyone thinks a 20 yr old car is going to last very long driving it in the winter, this is why these cars are getting harder to find a good one, they are not meant to be driven in the winter, these cars rot without the help of winter, get yourself a beater, fix it up instead of spending cash on speed parts, then..... after that is done, park it in a garage and spend your cash on the speed parts. i live in northeast ohio, no matter what you do oil, por 15 , chassis saver, these winters will make fox's one with the earth within a couple years.

I don't see why someone would dig up a 4 year old thread to say that the Ford Mustang wasn't meant to be driven in the winter. You make it sound like the Mustang was some big dollar limited production run from 87-93. Ford made, quite literally, millions of these cars. They're just as tame and docile in stock form as anything else on the road. What exactly is your point? All fox body Mustangs should be mothballed and stared at on sunny days only?

I do not miss the days of driving my car in the winter.
My car gets stuck on wet grass, so i'll assume it doesn't do well in the snow.

You should be able to find a beater for a similar price as a set of quality snow tires.