here we go again

yet another issue.
it only starts this when it gets around 150 degrees, i havent been past 180deg. w/ it yet.
i can hear it inside the car at idle, but at 1,500rpms i cant hear it.
its a weird click, pop, crackle sound, not quite an eletrical pop, the video does make the sound a tad different. the upper rad hose pulses when it clicks, is that the t-stat doing something stupid?
its a new t stat and water pump...

and some of you know that i assembled my bottom end last time...didnt check all my clearances like i should have, (very very stupid of me!) and by crank and bearings went bye bye.
i got a machine shop to build the short block, new crank, bearings, balance, the whole 9 yards again. well after 50 miles i do the oil change, i found 1 piece thats too big for my liking of a metal strip...i hope this is not another disaster story! i dont have another 2k to drop on a damn short block, and yes i have spent that same amount twice on a freakin stock block, looking back that was a very dumb decision...live and learn i guess.

anyways if anyone has an idea of what the clicking might be, i would be grateful to hear it.

video
Pictures

• Sponsors (?)

The picture is not clear of the metal object.

How many miles on the motor? Did it just start or was it there when you installed the motor?

The ticking kinda sounds like spark to ground (bad wire) but I see that's what you're looking for, maybe loose rocker or rocker barely hitting VCs. Maybe put your had on the VCs to see if you can feel any tapping or the distributor cap :shrug: It very well sounds like it's coming from the top though.

You stated that the radiator hose pulses when it happens - maybe you still have air pockets in the system.:shrug: Just throwing out some suggestions

The picture is not clear of the metal object.

How many miles on the motor? Did it just start or was it there when you installed the motor?

The ticking kinda sounds like spark to ground (bad wire) but I see that's what you're looking for, maybe loose rocker or rocker barely hitting VCs. Maybe put your had on the VCs to see if you can feel any tapping or the distributor cap :shrug: It very well sounds like it's coming from the top though.

You stated that the radiator hose pulses when it happens - maybe you still have air pockets in the system.:shrug: Just throwing out some suggestions

46 miles on the motor, i went semi easy till about 20 miles then i have had serveral 1st gear 5-6k pulls. i changed the oil and i found that 1/2 sliver of metal, the motor last time only had 650 miles and it was toast, i believe the converter ballooned, but that wasnt the only reason. not a bad ground, i know the sound, its not quite it. wires are new, except for 2, 2 of the new ones were 2 short. not the vc's, had them off to many times trying to fix the valvetrain noise i heard but determined it was normal. i hope its just an air pocket lol but it doesnt over heat. i havent driven it far but i thought i burped it already.