Here's A Question That I Keep Forgetting To Ask (vortech)

• Sponsors (?)

Noobz yes you can have Vortech upgrade it to V2 specs. I did that to mine in the 1990's. They will go through the whole unit and rebuild it. I think at that time I paid $700? Is there something wrong with yours. If not, slap a smaller pulley on it and run the piss out of it. I had mine up to 10 # of boost even though it was a 5lb kit with a power pipe and pulley.Plus I actually loved that old straight cut whine to it.

As mike said, it is definitely upgradable. If you want to pm me the serial number I can have Vortech send me any service records they have as well as give you an idea on the build date. If you would like, I'll get some more firm ideas on an upgrade from them as well. Let me know

Noobz yes you can have Vortech upgrade it to V2 specs. I did that to mine in the 1990's. They will go through the whole unit and rebuild it. I think at that time I paid $700? Is there something wrong with yours. If not, slap a smaller pulley on it and run the **** out of it. I had mine up to 10 # of boost even though it was a 5lb kit with a power pipe and pulley.Plus I actually loved that old straight cut whine to it.
As mike said, it is definitely upgradable. If you want to pm me the serial number I can have Vortech send me any service records they have as well as give you an idea on the build date. If you would like, I'll get some more firm ideas on an upgrade from them as well. Let me know

I think that it's in pretty good health. I don't know that I'm going to upgrade it but the thought has crossed my mind a couple times to see if it could be.

I might hit you up for the mx history though.

Reactions: 1 user
You used to be able to upgrade a Heavy Duty S to a T back in the day. Not sure how it works now.

If your SC is in good condition v1 to a v2 would be more of a lateral move, probably not worth the money.

Last edited: