Hey, new here. Could anyone help me out with hp/tq estimates?

superdutyt5

Jan 2, 2004
Hey everyone I am new to this site and wondering if anyone could help me out with what kind of horsepower my car could be making at the wheels? It has:

"Ford Racing 345 hp crate motor", 9.0:1 pistons, Gt40 X heads, B-303 Cam, Cobra 1.7 Roller Rockers, Edelbrock RPM Intake, Hooker Super competition Headers, Flo-tech exhaust, offroad H pipe, SuperDuty T5

• Sponsors (?)

I would think it would be close to 325-330FWHP with that set-up...I think FORD overrates the crate motors they sell.

What does it run at the track, 60ft, 330ft, 1/8 and 1/4? This will help figure out the power it is making. I'm not a fan of the B cam as it is very old school and outdated IMO.

I just installed this same exact motor in my '95 GT. Just had it dynoed and all they could get out of it was a crappy 233 rwhp. I was pissed. I agree with the previous posts of 270-280 rwph. Where did all of my horsies go??? I also have 24lb injectors, 73 MAF, 65 tb, Cobra upper/lower, full exhaust. So....that's all they could get out of mine.

What do you think?????

I'd first do a leak down and a compression test to see what condition the rings and heads are in.

Valve adjustment is also very critical, if they are too tight or to loose a lot of power is lost.

345FWHP with a 17% driveline loss is 285HP

superdutyt5 said:
man could someone help me with posting a picture on this forum I dont know how. I have a dyno sheet of a gt40 crate motor makin 370 horsepower at the flywheel with a couple mods.

Send me the pic's and I'll post them, send me the list of mods also. I just don't see a FMS crate making that kind of power, I know what it takes to get that from a small cube motor....

This was on an engine dyno that Car Craft magazine did a few years back. Ford Racing also did the exact same mods on it and got almost exactly the same amount of power off it minus 2-5 horsepower in some of the combos. These were done on 2 separate dynos, It was showing how well old tech was as good and or better than new. 370 horsepower with a 15% drivtrain loss is about 315 horsepower at the wheels, which is sounding about right to me.

motor.jpg

This is the whole article. They tested it with 2 4's on it also and found it made less power than my combo. Its flywheel power not wheels or anything. I dont see how you guys think it would be so hard.

car_craft_mag_article.jpg