High idle with timing change

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
Madison, WI
So my idle was jumping around alot, looked under the hood and found that the distributor was loose. tightened it down and set the timing to 10 deg with a timing light.

Now my idle is at 1250rpm, Tweecer reads a steady 20 deg of timing, doesn't change at all.

I've adjusted inj breakpoint, high/low slope, TB airflow, MAF curve all before this and everything was fine. Spout is back in too and no vacuum leaks are detected.

Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Your timing stays at 20 on Calcon regardless of RPM/throttle input is what your saying? Or does it stay at 20 at 1250 RPM?

Maybe the TPS is reading a part open throttle and going into the timing table... what voltage are you getting from the TPS?

TPS voltage is .975

Timing stays right at 20 degrees at idle, but then changes once I open up the throttle and drive around.

Idle is set at 900 in the Tweecer.

This sucks because I have a ton of landscaping to do at my house and we have a mobile dyno coming into town this weekend, so I'd like to figure this out asap.

i just went outside turned the car on out of curiosity and tried messing with that scalar and it didn't do anything. i tried changing all the rpm scalars and it didn't do anything? it stayed and idled right at 1000? i took the car out of cl loop and everything :shrug: i might have been high on exhaust fumes when i thought that scalar helped? sorry

It is normal to see the spark jump around at idle as that is the pcm doing its thing to obtain a steady idle.

The isc scalar is supposed to be a bit higher than the value you have for the normal idle.

IIRC, it is in the range of 100 to 150 higher.

This range is necessary for the isc to be able to do its thing.

Grady