Holy Mother of F'n Pearl......KB GT500!!!!

streetstang03 said:
frenchy_surrender.gif

:lol: nice shot @ the french.

That is absolutely ridiculous. It's too bad that car is such a pig, imagine that motor in a notch!! Either way, 800+rwhp will be enough to beat the crap out of a lot of expensive exotics.

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like a little bs to me...the same pulley made 100 less hp on the GT. a motor with dry sump, better exhaust, less drivetrain loss and better cams.....hmmm. im sure its still totally badass, but something doesnt add up.

Jackie Chan said:
sounds like a little bs to me...the same pulley made 100 less hp on the GT. a motor with dry sump, better exhaust, less drivetrain loss and better cams.....hmmm. im sure its still totally badass, but something doesnt add up.

Same pulley, but the gt had the stock s/c still. The gt500 had the kb 2.8L. Its really not a good comparison.

GT89Mustang said:
Same pulley, but the gt had the stock s/c still. The gt500 had the kb 2.8L. Its really not a good comparison.
i read that. but dry sump on that car, plus drivetrain, exhaust and cams make that 100hp difference a little weird. i understand its a better blower design and more displacement but....

Jackie Chan said:
What else is new. That's your typical Kenne Bell sales rep at his best. :rolleyes:

The supercharger itself is so efficient that bolting on the big discplacement 2.8H with the same size stock 3" pulley increased power by 125hp(606 vs 481) over the Eaton 122 (2.0L). Same pulley size - same tune.

What a surprise another apples to oranges comparison when promoting a KB product. What they're failing to mention is that the 2.8L Kenne Bell moves a heck of a lot more air per revolution than the Factory Eaton M122. The big horsepower jump wasn’t due to the Kenne Bell being that much more “efficient”, but rather the sheer size difference between the two. The Kenne Bell moves 2.8L of air per revolution versus the Eaton’s 1.99L. Couple that with the fact that ingesting that much more air without adjusting the tune is going to lean out the A/F ratio, (which even though is risky, will give you a ton more horsepower on the dyno) and you’ll see where the additional 125hp came from.

Don't get me wrong, the car sounds like and probably is an absolute animal (as are most Twin Screw blower equipped cars) and I’m sure is making every bit the power they claim, but the way Kenne Bell sales people and lovers dish out the bull**** when pushing their product in order to dress it up as more than it is, is enough to make me puke. :nonono: The only thing that makes it worse is when the Kenne Bell “nut huggers” as another member put it fall for it hook, line and sinker, then repeat it as gospel.

Gearbanger 101 said:
What a surprise another apples to oranges comparison when promoting a KB product. What they're failing to mention is that the 2.8L Kenne Bell moves a heck of a lot more air per revolution than the Factory Eaton M122. The big horsepower jump wasn’t due to the Kenne Bell being that much more “efficient”, but rather the sheer size difference between the two. The Kenne Bell moves 2.8L of air per revolution versus the Eaton’s 1.99L. Couple that with the fact that ingesting that much more air without adjusting the tune is going to lean out the A/F ratio, (which even though is risky, will give you a ton more horsepower on the dyno) and you’ll see where the additional 125hp came from.

Don't get me wrong, the car sounds like and probably is an absolute animal (as are most Twin Screw blower equipped cars) and I’m sure is making every bit the power they claim, but the way Kenne Bell sales people and lovers dish out the bull**** when pushing their product in order to dress it up as more than it is, is enough to make me puke. :nonono: The only thing that makes it worse is when the Kenne Bell “nut huggers” as another member put it fall for it hook, line and sinker, then repeat it as gospel.

What's there to fall for? More horsepower?

What was the problem? They used the word "efficient"? Citing the fact that the outcome was as would be expected does not disprove their statement.

If you look at the numbers on the dyno sheet that was posted, the KB actually WAS more efficient. The KB pushed 810.5hp, where the Eaton made 524.3. In terms of horsepower per liter of compressed air, that's 289.5 for the KB, and 263.5 for the Eaton. That's sharing the same pulley, timing, and tuned for the same A/F ratio.

Efficiency is a loosely defined term in this industry (unless your an engineer). Is it power produced per volume of air? Mass of air compressed per volume? Amount of power produced per fuel spent? That 2.8L of air isn't just 2.8L of air. It's 2.8L of air at a certain pressure and temperature. The pressure is loosely available through our boost gauges, though precise numbers aren't always available. Pv=mRT... Perhaps that's where KB's get their "efficiency"? Greater pressure with a lower temperature = more air mass. I wonder what the air temperature readings were on those runs.

All in all, as you said, it's a beast of a car. No need to be knockin on KB fans. Puke all you want, but your friends might think you've developed bolemia.

omgitsvinc3 said:
That car is seriously a work of art then. Ford did it right? I dont know. But if you do some MAJOR weight reduction the thing will be a certified BEAST!

Forget weight reduction, just add some suspension and that thing should run 10's alllllllll day long. IMO, there is no need for that much power on the street, but being able to pull out that dyno sheet must be nice.