Hood pins = rice?

Power4

May 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
My girlfriend got me a set of hood pins for my birthday this year and I was asking people who live in my area where a good place to get them installed was. Most of the people said it would look like crap and not to install them at all. What do you guys think? Are hood pins stupid on a stock (for the time being anyway) GT?

• Sponsors (?)

IT's totally subjective but my opinion is that they look great on the Shelby GT. I will get some myself whenever I scrape enoug money up to buy a shaker hood. I'm not sure they would look good with a plain hood. Also they are extra insurance at speed.

I’d have to agree about them maybe looking odd on a smooth factory hood. Been wanting some myself but that is the reason I haven’t gotten any. Still looking for pics of them on a smooth hood... but I don’t think they are rice at all.

Had two sets on an old maverick grabber back in the day, one on each corner of the hood. Cam I was running had such an aggressive idle factory hinges wouldn’t hold the hood up… I just pulled four pins and set the entire hood off to the side when need be. :D

I’d have to agree about them maybe looking odd on a smooth factory hood. Been wanting some myself but that is the reason I haven’t gotten any. Still looking for pics of them on a smooth hood... but I don’t think they are rice at all.

Had two sets on an old maverick grabber back in the day, one on each corner of the hood. Cam I was running had such an aggressive idle factory hinges wouldn’t hold the hood up… I just pulled four pins and set the entire hood off to the side when need be. :D

I have a set of FRPP on my Factory hood and I love them! :D

CIMG0148.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0148.jpg
    CIMG0148.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 141
I personally don't want them on my car, but lots of peoplr do like them (look good on heavy's car) but I would hardly call them "Ricer Stuff". Just decide for yourself weather or not they will enhance your car.

HeavyGT, did you install them yourself or did you have a shop do it for you?

I am lucky enough to live 10 minutes from Erin (EMAY) and he drilled my hood and installed them for me...I saw what a great job he did on his and I didn't want to take a chance on screwing my hood up. :D Plus he showed me a few tricks using fishing line and magnets!

I have a set of FRPP on my Factory hood and I love them! :D

CIMG0148.jpg

Yes those do look good on your car fits in nicely with the whole theme… I have all black though and no stripes so I’m concerned about how the two small polished pieces would look… small yes but would they stand out too much. I suppose I could get and paint them black but then why have them… in my opinion they should stand out just not look odd doing so.

Attachments

• CIMG0148.jpg
    CIMG0148.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 430
Yes those do look good on your car fits in nicely with the whole theme… I have all black though and no stripes so I’m concerned about how the two small polished pieces would look… small yes but would they stand out too much. I suppose I could get and paint them black but then why have them… in my opinion they should stand out just not look odd doing so.

Here are a few pics of Erin's ride...one of the best black cars out there and he has the hood pins! His car is just NASTY SICK!!!

img8675mj0.jpg

img7586lp0.jpg

img7449iv4.jpg

Attachments

• img8675mj0.jpg
    img8675mj0.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 156
  • img7586lp0.jpg
    img7586lp0.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 139
  • img7449iv4.jpg
    img7449iv4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 108
I have all black though and no stripes so I’m concerned about how the two small polished pieces would look… small yes but would they stand out too much. I suppose I could get and paint them black but then why have them… in my opinion they should stand out just not look odd doing so.

I'm a little confused on how you're concerned about them standing out then turn around and say they should stand out:shrug: Bottom line is, they look great on any color Mustang with any hood:nice: The only thing to be determined is whether you like them or not on your car.

Glenn, you showing off my car again for me?

I'm personally a huge fan of the pins, there is zero rice in hood pins.. I mainly put mine on to eliminate the cervini hood from shaking at speed. Once on I really liked the look.

Here's One without:

img6582ht3.jpg

A rolling one with em:

rollintotrack1cs3.jpg

head on:

img7478tb7.jpg

Attachments

• img6582ht3.jpg
    img6582ht3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 83
  • rollintotrack1cs3.jpg
    rollintotrack1cs3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 91
  • img7478tb7.jpg
    img7478tb7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 102
Gawd, that is one of *the* nicest looking black stangs I've ever seen!

You mention Cervini in ref to the hood.....are the other body parts Cervini too? I know they make that side exhaust piece, so I was just wondering if all the other parts were part of the whole 'look'?

And who ever had the concern about chrome pins on a black hood, I'd say that these pics show they offset nicely with his other chrome (or silver) pieces.

That's a best-in-show quality stang in my book, grats.

:nice: