Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

LMR with the 24 hr service! Back to work we go.
0331493D-D32C-4322-8AED-AC485F9DC5C3.jpeg

I mean, they are in your backyard. It’s 2-3 day service for me... ;)

I remember a night after I had painted the trans tunnel on my car, I had been taking prednisone for a sinus infection that I had let go on too long. It was about 10 pm, but I was so wired from it that I decided to install my transmission, driveshaft, fill the trans with fluid, and before I knew it it was the early AM. I was still so wide awake I went inside and showered and did a load of laundry. My wife said I should be on it daily, lol.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe it's me, but are there still bolts missing (not yet installed) where trans mounts to bell?
Correct and were not installed.

today, I’ve got the drive shaft in and the exhaust all back on. Not sure how much more I feel like doing.
I did notice it already has a firewall mounted prop valve and some other 5 lug swap parts in the brake system. Odd that it’s all still 4 lug but maybe he was planning for the future. Either way, I can send parts back and get a refund!

Reactions: 1 users
So major discovery. The previous owner had installed alllllllllll the parts to convert to 5 lug under the hood. Like everything.
I never noticed!
so I have a bunch of parts to send back to LMR and I also have a ‘93 cobra booster that I don’t need. Hint hint.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
I know people like @Mustang5L5 know all the ins and outs for proper MC diameter and volume, and have shared the quadratic formula with is all, but at the end of the day for the average dude do you think we need the perfect setup when street driving? I would put your combo together and drive it and see how it feels before replacing more than you need to. I still have the stock ‘89 GT MC with SN Cobra front brakes and rear drums, and my brakes feel great to me.

Obviously it wouldn’t hurt to identify what you have already, and it may be exactly what you need, but if it isn’t, will it or won’t it be THAT noticeable? Just thinking out loud.

The problem is externally identifying which of the three common 4-wheel disk MC's is tricky as they all look the same. The 15/16" MC uses reverse fittings, but the 1" 93 cobra and the 1 1/16" GT MC use the same fittings and look exactly alike.

Odds are, it's the 1" 1993 cobra MC.

I’ve just got it sitting there. Going to get them coated first and the install kit is 2 weeks out. Oh well!

Gotcha! it certainly makes the install a breeze with that kit. Except for beating the old inserts out of there... that SUCKED for me. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the system all bled up and clean my wheels.