How do i get the Ford hood emblim off the front of my 93 lx?

• Sponsors (?)

if you want to get brave, which is what i did, take a flat head screwdriver. place it between the emblem and the hood. gently pry on it, careful not to scratch your paint. after a little prying, you should be able to slip in a finger and pull it off the rest of the way. to get off any remnants of black sticky residue, use car soap and water and a car friendly brush. also what help to get off the residue is Bug and Tar remover. Any auto store should cary it. it works like a charm in combo with the brush.

ALMOST STOCK said:
My 89 had 2 nuts on the backside on the emblem that held it into place . :shrug:

ahhhhhhhhhh damm i know it!!!!, i kept tellin myself i bet there a few nuts back there, so all i have to do is just go behind it somehow and unscrew it?

That's all I had to do. The nuts are attached to 2 plastic studs that are on the back of the emblem. The bear is getting to them .
Here's a pic of what I was talking about when I took off my bumper cover in the PM I sent you.
Front Bumper emblem.JPG

becasue when i bought the car the guy had a big horse emblim on it and when i took it off half the ford emblim came off and needs to be replaced. is it possable to get it off with out taking off the bumper?

5.0LOfFun said:
becasue when i bought the car the guy had a big horse emblim on it and when i took it off half the ford emblim came off and needs to be replaced. is it possable to get it off with out taking off the bumper?

Yep, just lay down on the ground and reach your hand up there. I took mine off when I painted my car and it was simple. Piece of cake on a 93 GT, yours shouldn't be that hard on an LX. Just try your best to wiggle your arm up there. I believe it is a 10mm or 8mm.

Tim