how easy to remove gt fog lamps?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure they'll be alot of aftermarket grilles. I would rather see smaller fog lamps myself and lower on the vehicle but..........they're kinda growing on me.

I want to remove them when the time comes. I figured I would just get the v6 grill and swap them out. I dont think you can just take them out of the gt grill. looks like they are part of the grill.

Wait a few months. I bet this becomes a common swap for V6 owners. And it should cost you nothing... whoever wants your GT grille/lamps might even have the skills to do the swap for you.

Personally, I like the look with the driving lamps. But if you like it without, go for it. Also, unlike my 03 Mach, it looks to me like there's room on top of the 05 front bumper for practically any kind of aftermarket driving lights. So you can always add better lights later.

finster said:
if you remove the fog lamps are there weird indents?

do i need to order a v6 grill and swap it in for the gt grill?

yeah its easy just remove the three screws on the back of the grill but you have to remove the batterry and the rears tires or your air bags will pop out.
had that happen to a friend on his new 05.

get my point!?
ask more stupid questions

CA Lightfoot said:
Wait a few months. I bet this becomes a common swap for V6 owners. And it should cost you nothing... whoever wants your GT grille/lamps might even have the skills to do the swap for you.

Personally, I like the look with the driving lamps. But if you like it without, go for it. Also, unlike my 03 Mach, it looks to me like there's room on top of the 05 front bumper for practically any kind of aftermarket driving lights. So you can always add better lights later.
Best advice here. Wait a month or two until some V6er comes along and wants fog lights. He'll give you his grille plus a hundred bucks for your grille with foglights. He goes away happy, you go away happy and with a hundred bucks in your pocket! :nice:

GinoGT said:

Why is that ugly?? I actually think it's a good idea. If you have a Black GT or maybe red with the black trim, you black out the fog lights so you don't really see them. Maybe use black tinted glass perhaps instead of tacky covers. Then when you flip em on, you get fog lights.

I'd be interested in that.

It's not like it's a cloaking device or something. They're still going to be there, and they're going to be black. IMO, if I didn't want to see fog lights, I would get rid of them.

On a similar topic: With the size and location of the new fog lights, I wonder if they're actually going to put out any real light? The ones now are just :bs:, a cigarette lighter puts out more illumination then they do.