How long from ordering to build date did it take for you?

• Sponsors (?)

Receipt Date: 10/12/2004
Serialize Date: 10/21/2004
Segment Date: 10/26/2004
Sequence Date: 11/19/2004
Blend Date: 11/19/2004
Produced Date: 12/1/2004
Gate Release Date: 12/1/2004
Ship Date: 12/1/2004

Any day now!

3Stangs said:
Hey Darth, I ordered the same week, I guess we are patiently waiting together. What did you order?

I ordered the GT Deluxe, 5 Speed manual, IUP, Wheel locks, Anti theft, Side mounted air bags, 17" bright machine cast aluminum wheels, and the Shaker 500 stereo. The color is screaming yellow with the Dk Charcoal interior.

I plan to paint black stripes on her.

This is a birthday present for my Wife....she has no idea.

She loves yellow race cars.

Of course I get to have fun with it toooooooooooooo.... :D

What did you order?

Although this is probably old news to some on this site, I believe how quickly you get your Stang from your order date depends on what version you are purchasing. Although I have no firm dates (hope to tomorrow) my redfire V6 with numerous upgrades was ordered on 9 November and it looks like I may have it in my garage around Christmas. I'm assuming the demand for GTs is higher and hence, a longer wait. However, there seems to be a lot of factors in play here well beyond the dealer's or the buyer's control....planets have to be aligned properly or something.

Can some of you other guys that received your cars let us know timeframes. I ordered 9/28 still no VIN! I am trying to write a letter to get my deposit back. But need some more info on this. Dealer said he aint given it back.

Much appreciatted,

B

update

phantom05 said:
I ordered 10-18
build date week of 12-6
delivery-TBD
:shrug:

Update Took delivery 12-27

800 # was right on for me ..build date ...train date ...carrier date...all right...Christmas added a few days.
9 weeks in the end.

Good luck Guys. :)

8 weeks, I ordered a GT on 9/16 & got the GT on 11/16. If you don't have a VIN they did not put an order in. Go someplace else as they are screwing with you.

05mealready said:
Can some of you other guys that received your cars let us know timeframes. I ordered 9/28 still no VIN! I am trying to write a letter to get my deposit back. But need some more info on this. Dealer said he aint given it back.

Much appreciatted,

B

Dealer has to give you your $$$ back since they didn't order a car for you. it takes one week to get a vin. there are federal, and state law that protect you. contact the OWNER and talk to him.tell him you will Write your State Attorney General to investage his business. you can find your State Attorney General on line. Don't let them screw with you.

Ordered Nov 02
Built Dec 06 VIN NUmber
Delivered to dealership Dec 24
Picked her up Dec 28 with 16 miles on her, I have 172 miles on her now and I cant stop driving her, wanting to drive her, thinking about driving her!!
I cant beleive how long its taking some of you guys, I thought 2 months was the norm but looks like its slowing way down now, holiday down times I guess.I guess I just got my order in quick enough to miss the holiday delays.

All I can say is hang on , its worth the wait, once you drive her off the lot all youll be thinking about is where can I go and how can I keep driving , you wont want to get out of the car.

royb said:
Dealer has to give you your $$$ back since they didn't order a car for you. it takes one week to get a vin. there are federal, and state law that protect you. contact the OWNER and talk to him.tell him you will Write your State Attorney General to investage his business. you can find your State Attorney General on line. Don't let them screw with you.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to contact the owner today. This whole ordeal has been a pain in the rear. Looks like I picked the wrong dealer to order from. I guess its true...If the deal sounds to go to be true, it probably is...Yes, I ordered for $50 over invoice. Yippee! At the time, NOW :mad: :bang: .

Keep the info coming guys. Thanks for your help.

Enjoy your rides!

How do you find out what the VIN is? I ordered mine on 12/20 and have called the 800# a couple fo times and all it tells me is that my order is clean and unscheduled. I know they shut down for a few weeks for the holidays so I am not overly worried but waiting for this thing is really going to take my patience to the edge. And I never really had any patience to start with.

How does priority on the order sheet affect the dates? I looked on my order sheet and it said Priority 10.