How long will a regular WC T-5 last in my fox?

Cryo freezing is great. It releives the stresses in the metal allowing for a bit more strenght? Is it worth it? Not sure. You are prob better off looking into an aftermarket gearset instead, like g-force or astro performance. The gears are cut differently. Helical gears are silent (usually) but offer less strenght than straight cut gears which have more whine. These aftermarket gearsets use straighter, fatter gear teeth to increase strenght.

If your trans whines, make sure fluid level is topped off
Yeah, the Gforce is an option for down the road, especially if I decide to go with a stroker setup and/or blower in the future.

I thought I read on another forum some guy with a WS6 getting all four of his rotors cryo tempered for $90. Either I misread or they changed the prices, because I think they charge a lot more than that now. If were just an extra 100 bucks or so to get the cryo treatment I think it would be worth it but otherwise it might be more cost effective to just buy a fresh Promototion 295 SHD T5. I called them and was told that the 295 SHD they sell is quite a bit stronger than a T5z, 425-450whp vs 350-400hp (not sure if it's whp or bhp for the T5Z), and that some of the components are cryo tempered. I wonder if the Promotion 295 SHD is just the T5Z with cryo tempered components?

• Sponsors (?)