How much power does it take?

n2o-89fox

Oct 8, 2007
ca
How much power does it take to get a little wheelie with a pretty much stock front suspension? I have it lowered a little with eibach springs. The car on motor has about 300 rwhp and a 150 shot will be going on this week. I have a nx kit so the power is rated at the wheels so I should be between 425-450rwhp with spray, would that be enough to pull the tires a little saying that it hooked? My mods are in my sig, Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

it is all about weight transfer and traction if you had slicks and were at the strip and removed your front sway bar and dumped it at 5000 rpm it would bring the wheels if it hooked even with 300 rwhp and no nos

Here's my brothers 86 with GT40Ps, Stock cam, Cobra intake, bolt ons, 3.55s and just a few suspension mods (stock up front). It is also a light car, and set up to run decent times (12.17 @ 110).

510784_486_full.jpg

350 rwhp to pull the wheels slightly in a 5 speed car. Like someone else mentioned, I think you might have a tougher time with the 'vert unless you've done a lot to get weigth off the front end.

On a side note, I hope your torque boxes are reinforced.......

350 rwhp to pull the wheels slightly in a 5 speed car. Like someone else mentioned, I think you might have a tougher time with the 'vert unless you've done a lot to get weigth off the front end.

On a side note, I hope your torque boxes are reinforced.......

They are reinforced, so with the n2o it should pull the wheels. There is nothing to weigh down the front, everything has been gutted other than power steering and the bare min. to make the engine run. Next time I go to the track I want to do some wheelies:nice:

Couple years ago it was 13.99 and verts need a roll bar. Dont know for cage:shrug: How fast can a coupe go before it needs a cage to run at the dragstrip?

Yes but launching on the bottle your most likely going to spin. You need the car to weight transfer and hook to get the tires up. I have seen a 225 rwhp fox yank the tires every pass. I have seen 600 rwho cars not even come close.